Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Decosta: “The report that we texted an agent or a player before one of our picks is fictitious”

Eric DeCosta commenting on Terrance West's claim that the Ravens texted West's agent in advance to say they were going to take the Towson Tiger with pick No. 99.

LINK
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: Decosta: “The report that we texted an agent or a player before one of our picks is fictitious”

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Eric DeCosta commenting on Terrance West's claim that the Ravens texted West's agent in advance to say they were going to take the Towson Tiger with pick No. 99.

LINK
    I was wondering at the time why any team would text that 5 or 6 picks before it was their pick, knowing they had no chance to move up. Didn't make sense.
    "A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill

Re: Decosta: “The report that we texted an agent or a player before one of our picks is fictitious”

I laughed when I originally read his quote. Smelled like BS then and still does now. The Ravens are smarter than that.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Thanks for clarifying. That's a relief - only Believeland would be dumb enough to text a player before their spot.

Sun sure made it sound like it happened: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,7279244.story

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Looks like the Terrance West story has evolved from hopeful "feel good" local kid gets drafted by home town team to liar, liar pants on fire.

Blog Entries

His agent could have fed him that info.

Who knows?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Thanks for clarifying. That's a relief - only Believeland would be dumb enough to text a player before their spot.
    Well, my understanding is that if you are close to selecting a player you want to be on the phone with his agent to gauge if another team is trying to move up and take him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Well, my understanding is that if you are close to selecting a player you want to be on the phone with his agent to gauge if another team is trying to move up and take him.
    That's more like what happened...and the agent is just letting their client know there was interest on our end.

I always thought that would have been completely silly of us to do.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Thanks for clarifying. That's a relief - only Believeland would be dumb enough to text a player before their spot...
    2012 : Browns GM texts Trent Richardson "You're going to be the 3rd pick in the draft." TR texts back "Do you mean your 3rd round pick?"
    Later, same Browns GM texts "Brandon Weeden, you're going to be starting in 2012." BW texts back "Starting on Social Security?"
    So teams do text players during the NFL draft... Bc

Maybe it was an imaginary girlfriend who texted his agent . . . .

I never bought this from the beginning. Let the morons in Cleveland and the moron who runs PFT, who wrote this absurdity in a recent post, believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    I never bought this from the beginning. Let the morons in Cleveland and the moron who runs PFT, who wrote this absurdity in a recent post, believe it.
    I don't understand what you mean by this. Terrance West is quoted directly in The Cleveland Plain Dealer. If you want to call someone a moron, it should be Terrance West.