Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Rackley

Will Rackley

Has been signed per Ravens. Rackley played LG in Jacksonville with Monroe. Is this a precursor to KO going to RT?

Re: Will Rackley

Pretty sure he was one of the worst starting OL in the league over the last few years. Sounds like a camp flier or depth guy at best.

PFF grades are not the end-all, but he had a -32.7 grade last season so I wouldn't expect too much from him, other than a warm training camp body.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    "A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

Depth guard.

Can't blame them. Does anyone really want Shipley being the back up guard again? Vomit.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Depth guard.
    Can't blame them. Does anyone really want Shipley being the back up guard again? Vomit.
    Ship out Shipley, keep then Jensen or Urschel and rack Rackley, and the Ravens will be OK @ OG... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Ship out Shipley, keep then Jensen or Urschel and rack Rackley, and the Ravens will be OK @ OG... Bc
    I wouldn't be surprised if they're looking at Urschel as a back up center with hopes he can develop into a starter in the future.

I think Gino is gone, baby, gone.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they're looking at Urschel as a back up center with hopes he can develop into a starter in the future.

I think Gino is gone, baby, gone.
    I believe Gino is still here in 2014 because of his experience (albeit not successful in 2013) and will be back-up Center. 2015 he will be out on a limb... Bc

I think this is purely a depth signing, but Rackley does have significant starting experience. He might have been signed to "push" guys like Gino, Jensen and Shipley.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I believe Gino is still here in 2014 because of his experience (albeit not successful in 2013) and will be back-up Center. 2015 he will be out on a limb... Bc
    Completely agree. He has way too much experience to let him go now. Yeah he had a "rough" first season of starting, but also remember how he had Shipley starting next to him at guard. I think they keep him and try to see how he develops. If nothing improves, he is canned after this season.

Our O-line is getting pretty numbers heavy

Monroe-lock
    Osemele-lock
    Zuttah-lock
    Yanda-lock
    Wagner- near lock

Hurst
    Urschel
    Reid
    Gradkowski
    Rackley
    Shipley
    Jensen

Ironically, it's entirely possible, maybe even likely, that, in the battle for the 3 backup spots, the four guys cut (Gradkowski, Shipley, Rackley, Reid) will have appeared in 120 total NFL games, with over 50 NFL starts, while the three guys they keep (Jensen, Hurst, Urschel) will have appeared in 0 NFL games.

O-line is a big log-jam right now.

No doubt the Ravens are hoping Urschel is our future center. With his I.Q., we won't have a problem with him making the correct line calls like we did with GG.

Why does everyone think Gino has a chance to be cut? He's young, cheap & has a season's worth of game experience. Even if he doesn't improve much he's a perfect back-up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    "A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill