Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Cost to move up to #10 ?

I would love to see us trade up and get the Impact player we need ---- either WR Evans or OT Lewan

Would you be in favor of this and what do you think it would cost us?

Blog Entries

Re: Cost to move up to #10 ?

It's 450 points which means at least the Ravens 2nd round pick. It might not be more if teams are really so desperate to move down.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's 450 points which means at least the Ravens 2nd round pick. It might not be more if teams are really so desperate to move down.
    The chart I looked at says 350 pts (1300 vs. 950)which would mean we might get a little back in the later rounds by giving up #49, but either way, we would no longer have that pick in the 2nd* in a draft where the best value is reported to be in picks 20-50.

*barring a trade including next years picks

Blog Entries

The 2d round isn't Ozzie's best anyway and he still has the comp picks. It would probably be another pick besides the 2d rounder.

well if we cam move up to get Lewan and it doesn't even cost us our 2nd rounder ---- then I sure hope we do it !

Our entire offense gets better by drafting a very good starting OT --- helps our passing game and pathetic run game !

I am starting to think Lewan is our best chance at realistically drafting an Impact player

I would say there is probably a 90% chance that Lewan doesn't make it past Buffalo at #9. I think if the Ravens absolutely want either Evans or Lewan, the need to trade up to #8. I don't think #10 cuts it.

I would only want to trade up as far as our 3rd and 6th would get us, which according to the JJ value chart, is roughly spot 12...

BUT... In such a deep draft it's "possible" that is enough to get the 10th team to switch(DET) as they would almost certainly still have a chance at either Gilbert or Dennard.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    I would love to see us trade up and get the Impact player we need ---- either WR Evans or OT Lewan

Nope, not in favor of it. There have been many (too numerous to mention) busts within the top 10. So, I don't want Ozzie to trade up. I believe there will be a "decent" player available @ #17 (Z.Martin, Pryor, Mosley, M.Lee, etc.) and to trade that possibility plus a 2nd (JJames, Amaro, McGill, Bucannon, etc.) would not suit Ozzie's M.O.... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post

It would cost the Ravens additional players later in the draft - a deep draft. DeCosta clearly said they like more picks because they have a greater chance on hitting on a player. Trading several picks to move up had better result in a boom as opposed to a bust; otherwise, you've set your franchise back a few years by putting all your eggs in one basket. There is no such thing as a 'sure thing' in a transition from college to the pros.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    The 2d round isn't Ozzie's best anyway and he still has the comp picks. It would probably be another pick besides the 2d rounder.
    You keep saying this, but I don't get why.

His second round draft picks since 2008

Ray Rice -- Pro Bowler
    Paul Kruger -- Sack leader on the SB team
    Terrence Cody -- Below-average role player
    Sergio Kindle -- Non-football injury, out of the league
    Torrey Smith -- Solid NFL receiver
    KO -- Pro Bowl caliber guard on the SB team; remains to be seen how he comes back from injury
    Courtney Upshaw -- Rotational LB
    Arthur Brown -- Too soon to tell, but at the moment, projected to start.

How is that weak? Cody and Kindle were bad picks, although you can't anticipate a dude cracking his skull falling down the steps. Kruger and Upshaw were rotational guys, but valuable at what they did. The rest are starters, including Rice and Smith (and maybe KO) who are clearly first-round values he got in the second round.
    "Chin up, chest out."

The cost is too much.

No thanks.

Blog Entries

In this particular draft id trade back 99 times before i ever thought about trading up. Unless youre moving up to the top 4 there really isnt that great of a distinction in talent between 5 and 20. Its a deep draft,but its not a top heavy draft with elite talents. stay put or trade back should be the only real options.

Ozzie will trade up if somebody drops, but it has to be close to his pick to warrant that. trading his first 2 picks doesnt equate to close enough. I dont think hed even consider trading a 3rd in this particular draft. You just heard them say yesterday theres 20% more draftable players in this draft than in an average draft and they want more picks, not less. Thats not at all shadow games, thats just common knowledge.
    -JAB