The 2014 NFC East Champs

http://www.thedrawplay.com/2014/04/26/?post_type=comic

If trends mean anything the Redskins should be the NFC East champs seeing as the past three division winners played Dallas in a Week 17 win and you're in game. Yes, I realize the Redskins were the 2nd worst team in football, but it's the NFC East, the 0-6 Giants had a chance to win the division. Yes I realize the situation calls for the Slurs to make the postseason, but I could bear it if it means the Cowboys have another Week 17 meltdown.

Blog Entries

Re: The 2014 NFC East Champs

Trends like that don't mean anything. Remember the streak of teams that had their opening road game at Philly winning the Super Bowl? My money for that division is on the Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Trends like that don't mean anything. Remember the streak of teams that had their opening road game at Philly winning the Super Bowl? My money for that division is on the Eagles.
    2014 NFC East: meh...
    I will say those used to be serious bloodsport rivalries among those guys in the day.
    Everybody was Ravens v. Pitts.!

Blog Entries

Which NFC East team ends the season against Dallas? that's who i'd pick :)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The NFC East has been pretty mediocre on the field, but they feature four teams with top 7 valuations and top fan bases, so they'll always be overhyped. New York is New York, Philly has a big sports culture and can claim Delaware and half of New Jersey, the Redskins are kind of known as the team of the southeast until you hit Carolina, and the Cowboys claim several major metropolitan areas that could probably stand on their own with a franchise, and well, football is life down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Which NFC East team ends the season against Dallas? that's who i'd pick :)
    The Skins. Yes I'm aware they were terrible, but it's the NFC East, they all suck and the 0-6 Giants still had a chance up until Thanksgiving or so.

Whichever team is over .500.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Whichever team is over .500.
    Whichever teams wins the most games in 2014
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I'm curious about the Redskins this year -- specifically RGIII.

He seemed to show good pocket skills before he got hurt. And then he didn't. So I'm wondering whether it's a question of getting fully healthy, or whether he's yet another QB who was going to "change the game" who promptly got figured out and faded into mediocrity.

This year will tell a lot. As popular as the Read-Option was in 2012, it's a gimmick like the Wildcat, and teams will figure it out. You can use it as a change up, but you can't base an offense on it. I believe Kap can develop the pocket skills to be a solid NFL QB. Wilson has already shown it. It will be interesting to see which side RGIII comes down on.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I'm curious about the Redskins this year -- specifically RGIII.

He seemed to show good pocket skills before he got hurt. And then he didn't. So I'm wondering whether it's a question of getting fully healthy, or whether he's yet another QB who was going to "change the game" who promptly got figured out and faded into mediocrity.

This year will tell a lot. As popular as the Read-Option was in 2012, it's a gimmick like the Wildcat, and teams will figure it out. You can use it as a change up, but you can't base an offense on it. I believe Kap can develop the pocket skills to be a solid NFL QB. Wilson has already shown it. It will be interesting to see which side RGIII comes down on.
    Kaepernick can do it, if he starts progressing through options, as for Griffin it's up to him and Gruden.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Kaepernick can do it, if he starts progressing through options, as for Griffin it's up to him and Gruden.
    They've brought Kap along much like we did with Joe. Year one, one read, one side of the field (how many times did we see that deep out to Mase?) Year two, some safer reads, a ton of checkdowns to RR. Then they started to open him up a bit.
    "Chin up, chest out."