Breaking News: We have depth!

With the exception of the second team offensive line (who had absolutely no chance against Johnson's schemes at the start of the second half), our entire team just played great everywhere. The penalties on the first team were crippling, but the execution was there. Kyle looked sharp, when he wasn't getting massacred. DVD came out of hibernation with him. Musa Smith looks like the second coming of 2003 Jamal, though 2006 Jamal sure didn't look too bad, either. On defense, we're just loaded. Everyone in the front seven is just playing great, and that's going to be a hell of a rotation. Aubrayo Franklin is looking eerily similar to Lional Dalton. Justin Bannan is looking like a great pickup, and even Dwan Edwards showed his face tonight. The linebacker corps is looking great beyond the starters. Mike Smith continues to improve his case to be the heir to Ray, and Dan Cody and Gary Stills are running around the field at 100 mph making plays. While the Eagles may not exactly be loaded at wide receiver, their receivers got absolutely ZERO separation against our corners, and that's true for first, second, and third string. Although there's still time, we've yet to see a team successfully take advantage of what we have at that safety position. And Frank Gansz's effect on special teams has been very apparent, though penalties were still an issue in that area.

It's virtually impossible not to be incredibly excited about this team right now. If we can keep those penalties under control, we're looking at a legit contender here. And this is the first time those words have actually come out of my mouth this entire offseason.
    ERIG20, your local draftnik

Signature currently under construction

Re: Breaking News: We have depth!

first off good to see you here, second off

good post, and I agree our depth at everything but O-line and Punter period looks great

I think DeCosta has done a great job these last 2 drafts stocking the cupboard with a lot of talent. Some of these guys will eventually turn into decent starters.

If we cut these penalties out, we own this game and against a very good Eagles team.

Our defense is sickening. Our DL is so funky that it smells of hot garbage (that's a good thing. I just 70's style). Man, Abreiul Franklin has come out of nowhere and does remind me of Jelly Roll. Apparently, the players are calling him Frank the tank. The play of Bannan, Franklin, Edwards, and Gregg allows for Ngata to develop at a good pace. (Can we covert Bannan to center? Maybe not).

The time of possession was not even close. You have to play like that to beat the Benjails and Steelgirls. Just keep it disciplined.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52
    I think DeCosta has done a great job these last 2 drafts stocking the cupboard with a lot of talent. Some of these guys will eventually turn into decent starters.
    I totally agree. We also have to give Ozzie props for two more good UDFA finds in Prude and Ross. We have to be the best team in the NFL at developing UDFAs.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Everyone in the front seven is just playing great, and that's going to be a hell of a rotation. Aubrayo Franklin is looking eerily similar to Lional Dalton.
    Jelly Roll!

Although I like the Frank the Tank nickname a lot.