Page 16 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs

Re: NBA Playoffs

I like the Spurs...against everybody but the Thunder.

They just don't match up well with them...Westbrook seems to be the only PG with the ability to put the clamps on Tony Parker...or at least limit him and keep him out of the lane, and if you can do that, the Spurs aren't the same. You saw that in the finals last year when an injury took Parker down. If he was healthy, they win the championship...the Heat don't have anybody that can corral him and neither does anybody else but the Thunder seemingly.

I think this is Durant's year and he will win his first well deserved championship.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I like the Spurs...against everybody but the Thunder.

They just don't match up well with them...Westbrook seems to be the only PG with the ability to put the clamps on Tony Parker...or at least limit him and keep him out of the lane, and if you can do that, the Spurs aren't the same. You saw that in the finals last year when an injury took Parker down. If he was healthy, they win the championship...the Heat don't have anybody that can corral him and neither does anybody else but the Thunder seemingly.

I think this is Durant's year and he will win his first well deserved championship.
    except last year... when OKC couldnt stop the spurs either, with frankly, a better team than what they have now (though the spurs may have been better last year as well). They can beat anyone. I dont see OKC winning it all. If they get out of the West the Heat will still take them, imo.
    -JAB

OKC didn't play the Spurs in the playoffs last year and Westbrook was hurt.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I kind of expected the Heat to take down the Nets in the manner that they did. Old legs coming off a seven game series. Look for Brooklyn to steal game two.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I kind of expected the Heat to take down the Nets in the manner that they did. Old legs coming off a seven game series. Look for Brooklyn to steal game two.
    I don't see it. They may win game 3 in their place but IMO that could be their only win in this series.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I think so too.

I think the Heat win in 6 or 7, but I think the Nets grab a game in Miami.

Beginning to look more and more like a rematch of last year's Heat-Spurs final is inevitable.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Beginning to look more and more like a rematch of last year's Heat-Spurs final is inevitable.
    Way too early for that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    OKC didn't play the Spurs in the playoffs last year and Westbrook was hurt.
    youre right, I forgot that memphis beat them.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Spurs looked shakey in that first series but as others have said thats more to do with the dallas/SA rivalry than anything. i think theyll go back on cruise control. I dont see a whole lot in the Heats way. people can talk about the regular season all they want but the Heat didnt view the Nets the same way the Nets viewed the Heat in the regular season champion vs working their ass off to even make the playoffs. Now that its on the line I think its a different animal.
    -JAB

Would love to see OKC take the title this year, even more so after seeing KD's heartfelt MVP acceptance speech but the thunder are way too reliant on Westbrook and Durant. They don't have much scoring punch behind them. For a team they swept during the season (4-0), the series with the Mavs should'nt have gone 7 games
    Heat will probably take the nets in 6, I think Wizards take the pacers in 6 as well. San Antonio continues to be the team to beat. Their experience, chemistry and bench play are really a thing of beauty.

Blog Entries

I like KD a lot and loved that speech but the whole time i was thinking, if this was LBJ right now, hed be getting ridiculed like crazy for weeks.

"Jordan never cried during his MVP speeches."
    -JAB