Page 1 of 35 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

NBA Playoffs

Not a lot of interest in the NCAA tournament but I have to believe some of you guys watch the NBA finals. I'm a Wizards fan but they won't go far. Pulling for Memphis to at least get to the next series. And IMO if Brooklyn stays alive for a little while they'll be fun to watch.

Still expect Miami to come out of the east but you never know - not sure what the hell happened to the Pacers.

Who's watching?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Re: NBA Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Not a lot of interest in the NCAA tournament but I have to believe some of you guys watch the NBA finals. I'm a Wizards fan but they won't go far. Pulling for Memphis to at least get to the next series. And IMO if Brooklyn stays alive for a little while they'll be fun to watch.

Still expect Miami to come out of the east but you never know - not sure what the hell happened to the Pacers.

Who's watching?
    Saw Sportscenter and they're hyping Riley and his "Three-Peat" slogan which I learned he has copy rights!

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Saw Sportscenter and they're hyping Riley and his "Three-Peat" slogan which I learned he has copy rights!
    Riley copyrighted that 25-27 years ago.

I don't think it matters who comes out of the East...though ironically, I think it will wind up being the Nets.

OKC, if healthy is the best team IMHO. I think the Spurs are the next best, but OKC is the only team IMHO who they can't match up well against.

I think the Nets take out the Pacers (who will barely squeak out their second round series with the Bulls), but get swept in the finals against whoever comes out of the West.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Not sure if the Heat have enough in the tank this year. And doesn't it seem a little odd without Lakers or Celtics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if the Heat have enough in the tank this year. And doesn't it seem a little odd without Lakers or Celtics?

Yeah, Heat just looked tired and like this season was a long grind all year. Pacers look a mess...Bird got way too cute signing Bynum and trading Granger away for Turner. The East just sucks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Pulling for the Rockets for obvious reasons.

They're going to work Portland.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Pulling for the Rockets for obvious reasons.

They're going to work Portland.
    Not a good start for Houston

Not a good start for Houston
    Certainly not. Blowing a double digit lead like that does not bode well.

The Wizards are a deep team. They just need to be consistent. Before the playoff seedings were even official I felt they could at least advance to the second round as either a #5 or #6 seed. Anything below that no. The key was avoiding Indiana and Miami in the first round. Nene's return is going to be a huge boost as we saw last night. Wizards backcourt tandem of Beal and Wall very underrated.
    I still think Miami comes out of the east. They'll will probably end up meeting the Nets in the final. Lots of playoff experience on that roster. Never count out Pierce and Garnett.
    As for the wild, wild west. I see OKC coming out if Westbrook plays under control. Kicking myself for turning off the Houston-Portland game in the 4th quarter. Just couldn't stay up..smh
    Last but not least best 1st round matchup is Golden State vs the clippers.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    The Wizards are a deep team. They just need to be consistent. Before the playoff seedings were even official I felt they could at least advance to the second round as either a #5 or #6 seed. Anything below that no. The key was avoiding Indiana and Miami in the first round. Nene's return is going to be a huge boost as we saw last night. Wizards backcourt tandem of Beal and Wall very underrated.
    I still think Miami comes out of the east. They'll will probably end up meeting the Nets in the final. Lots of playoff experience on that roster. Never count out Pierce and Garnett.
    As for the wild, wild west. I see OKC coming out if Westbrook plays under control. Kicking myself for turning off the Houston-Portland game in the 4th quarter. Just couldn't stay up..smh
    Last but not least best 1st round matchup is Golden State vs the clippers.
    If the Wiz advance they play the winner of ATL/IND. I like their chances against both.

If they somehow get to the Heat in the Eastern conference finals(assuming the Heat wins) then this could be a franchise launcher for the Wiz.

Lose in 6. Re-sign, Gortat and draft a young big to eventually replace Nene.

With the cap going up a speculated $5 there's no reason to not keep Gortat who has arguably been one of the top 3 bigs in the Eastern conference this season.

Blog Entries

No doubt the East is much weaker but the teams in the West may beat each other up. Looking forward to the Memphis OKC series. Grizzlies are old school physical.