Faust, Cleare, and Peters To Transfer

According to Jeff Goodman from ESPN.

That gives Turgeon room for Cekovsky, the top-50 7'0" Center from Europe. Still other two more scholarship openings by my count. I wonder whether they go shallow next season to save room for the 2015 class...

Re: Faust, Cleare, and Peters To Transfer

News to me. Surprised these guys want to go elsewhere. Faust and Cleare were large components of the Terps offense last season. They were kind of the centerpieces. Does this have to do with the program? Mark Turgeon?

Quote Originally Posted by HereWeGo View Post
    News to me. Surprised these guys want to go elsewhere. Faust and Cleare were large components of the Terps offense last season. They were kind of the centerpieces. Does this have to do with the program? Mark Turgeon?
    Cleare was a disappointment and played relatively few minutes with limited productivity. He played less than Jonathan Graham who wasn't expected to do much, so him leaving isn't much of a surprise. With the recruiting class Turge has coming in next season, Faust was going to be the 6th man at best.

Peters is a surprise, but there have been indications that he needs to get out of this area to really be able to focus on his game...too many distractions for him locally.

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    Cleare was a disappointment and played relatively few minutes with limited productivity. He played less than Jonathan Graham who wasn't expected to do much, so him leaving isn't much of a surprise. With the recruiting class Turge has coming in next season, Faust was going to be the 6th man at best.

Peters is a surprise, but there have been indications that he needs to get out of this area to really be able to focus on his game...too many distractions for him locally.
    Cleare was a solid recruit, no? It was too bad he did not live up to his potential.

Do you feel there is much pressure on Turgeon to win this fall?

Quote Originally Posted by HereWeGo View Post
    Cleare was a solid recruit, no? It was too bad he did not live up to his potential.

Do you feel there is much pressure on Turgeon to win this fall?
    Cleare was a very solid recruit...however he was coming from a team that also featured the Harrison twins so a lot of the hype was that if the Terps got Cleare there was a really good chance they would get the twins.

It might also be the case that he benefitted from the Harrisons in HS and that combined with his size made him an attractive recruit. I agree that it's a shame that he didn't live up to the hype.

I think there's pressure on Turgeon's to win this fall but that we're really another year from there being a possibility of making a change if we don't win.

He's got one of the top classes in the country coming in... If he can't get the most out of them then I think that raises serious concerns.

Agree. The coming season will be a telling point about Mark Turgeon. The players and talent is there. It's a matter of him getting the most out of the players, taking that, and translating it to success on the court. The competition will be stiff in the B10. I don't think Turgeon has much room for error even with the transition. That could be an excuse if the Terps do not play well in 2014-2015... I'm realistic to the point Coach Turgeon has had time in College Park to build his program and win... we just have not experienced the results. Thus I too could envision a change if he is not able to make the NCAA Tournament next March.