View Poll Results: How many primetime games will we be scheduled for?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll

2 5.26%

21 55.26%

14 36.84%
  • 4 or more

1 2.63%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: 2014 NFL Schedule Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    All that is true but that doesn't equal ratings.

The only way I see a Ravens @ Texans prime time game is if it's late in the season and there's a playoff implication causing the game to be flexed.
    Every team has to play a Thurs game so there will be plenty of stinkers, no way around it. Bal/Hou can't be any worse than Oak/SD or Jax/Ind
    "A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

I too wish for fewer prime time games. I suspect we will get 3 just because there are so many opportunities. We could get the stealers on Sunday, I think almost every team gets a Thursday game, leaving one game for the less attractive Monday.

I too am looking forward to the game in NOLA. Made a lot of friends there during the Super Bowl, and a large group is going back if the schedule doesn't interfere with my daughter's wedding.

Hope it all works out. Looking forward to a nice cold Guinness at Finn McCool's in Mid-City.

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    I'm thinking 3. Pitt, Cincy, and the Colts
    Pitt and Ind would be road games. I could see us getting a home game vs Car
    "A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    All that is true but that doesn't equal ratings.

The only way I see a Ravens @ Texans prime time game is if it's late in the season and there's a playoff implication causing the game to be flexed.
    Houston is the 10th largest TV market in the country. I'm betting they'll get a national game, and if they do, this would be an attractive one because of Kubiak and other ex-Texans.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    Every team has to play a Thurs game so there will be plenty of stinkers, no way around it. Bal/Hou can't be any worse than Oak/SD or Jax/Ind
    Bal/Hou is not a division game and the other two are. Most TNF games (although not all) are rivalry divisional games. I don't see how anybody calls those stinkers but I'm not trying to sidetrack this thread.

If we play TNF it's likely within our division

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I also went for 3 - and concur with the above that if we do get a Thurs night game, it's likely to be a roadie.

There's one game that I think additionally to what's mentioned above as a candidate - Falcons at home. Flacco vs Ryan is still something the networks would be intrigued by.

I'm thinking 3: 1) Atlanta or Carolina at home (slightly favour Carolina with the other being a 4.15 - it won't be both) probably as MNF.
    2) Steelers on the road - it's always a given one PIT/BAL game as prime time.
    3) The other'll be a 'not sure why' as there often is, or has been recently, - last year was @ Detroit, '12 was vs CLE, '11 was at JAC (bad memories...). Think it'll either be @ CLE, @ MIA or SD. If we get SD at home, wouldn't surprise me to have the Steelers game on a Thursday. @CLE/@MIA is very possible for a TNF (as stated below with Browns coming off a bye).

However, as the Ravens should have a good year, we may well end up with a 4th later on.

Think games like Colts have other draws that are more interesting for the networks.

Further guesses:
    - I think Houston will just end up being a 4.15 game - not quite intriguing enough for prime time with 2 teams coming off below par seasons, but enough to give it some degree of a marquee occasion. However, don't forget CBS has the rights to TNF for 8 games as well - that may make it more likely as they won't be 'giving' up the rights to the game.
    - Ravens'll open at home after the fuss last year - get either the Titans or Jaguars as a last 'sorry' from the NFL over last year.
    - Swayed by the argument we'll finish with CLE as we've never finished with them (PIT/CIN a fair few times); that said, lean toward still thinking we'll end up with the Bengals, just at home this time.
    - Cleveland have recently got the short straw against us in terms of logistics (twice in a year following our bye) so it wouldn't be surprising if our game against someone who has just had a bye will be the Browns at their place.

Which probably means none of the above will now happen!

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Houston is the 10th largest TV market in the country. I'm betting they'll get a national game, and if they do, this would be an attractive one because of Kubiak and other ex-Texans.
    People in Houston were dancing in the streets when he got fired. They're done with him. Seeing him be the OC won't put extra Houston eyes on the game.

It's a good story line. Just not big enough IMO to make that a story line large enough to garner the national spotlight.

There's also no rivalry. We've owned them 7 out of 8 times.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    And a few things I hope:
    Let the Ravens (and us) have Thanksgiving off this year.

Can we please open at home, since we didn’t get to last year?

Let the Saints game be around Halloween. Because I’m going, and Halloween is AWESOME in the Big Easy.

No home December night games.

Several home January games.
    From your lips (eerrr keyboard) to Gods ears!!

Would definitely prefer to sit on my ass on Thanksgiving night watching other teams play unless we're the away team.

Amen to the Saints game around halloween.

We were there the year after Katrina with Mista T. and several other board members which was hallloween weekend.

That was my first introduction to 'Nawlins. (Second go around was Superbowl 47)

We, including several others on here are already in the preliminary planning stages of that road trip to the Big Easy again this year.

I'm like praying they don't make it a thursday night game or Christmas weekend or some other time that precludes my ability of attending.

Halloween would be perfect, but any sunday day game in October or early November would be doable for sure.

BC is right, if you can't enjoy yourself down there you got serious issues!!

Bring on the Crawdads and Hurricanes!!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

There's not much that would make a Baltimore-Carolina game worthy of prime-time. I mean sure the Ravens signed the best player in the history of their team after they unceremoniously cut him, but there's no rivalry between them, and the Panthers are widely expected to fade back into irrelevance.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Probably one and Im guessing it will be TNF at Pittsburgh. Fine by me since that mean I'll actually be awake for our games. If we're in the playoff-division mix though I'm sure well get flexed in one in the last couple months.

Off topic but Ill be really curious to see if the Redskins get more than one. Their record says they should just get the one (and only because everyone has to be on once) but with a new coach and Jackson and all the RG stuff and just the general soap opera with them they might buck that trend. Not to mention the networks love the NFC East in primetime anyway.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

The Skins will get national games now for the same reason they got them for the last decade or so -- large fan base with a good size TV market.

I voted for 3. The Ravens gained a lot of fans when they beat Manning, Brady, and the Forty-Whiners enroute to the Lombardi, so they're still a pretty good draw. We know at least one of the Pit games will be televised, possibly both.

As for Thurs games being stinkers, with NBC now carrying the Thurs games, most of them just might be good matchups.