Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Maurice Jones-Drew

In the event we do lose Rice (note: I'm not saying it's going to happen, just IF it does) would this be an option? Pretty similar player to Rice. I've personally always liked him

Thoughts?
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Re: Maurice Jones-Drew

I would certainly hope so.

I always liked him, but would rather draft a guy.
    My choice is Andre Williams from BC in the 3rd/4th. One dimensional power back, but IMO should be better then Blount in that role.

Blog Entries

Bottom line is were gonna need someone. He's looking at at least 4 games out. Maybe even worse. For this I'd rather get MJD than a draft pick as we're gonna need someone to produce immediately.

There's four teams chasing after MOJO right now. I'm not sure that he's in our price range. If Rice is out for a season I'd rather they make a move for a 3-4th round RB.

Blog Entries

MJD looked like crap last year. He's been so banged up that I think he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    MJD looked like crap last year. He's been so banged up that I think he's done.
    I think so as well.

I am excited to see Pierce get a bigger work load in Kubiak's system. We still do need another Running back but MJD I think is done.

I just saw he's visiting with Oakland tomorrow, they have money to burn so I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up there (unless he really cares about winning vs money.)

Count me among those who would like to see the Ravens use a low-round pick on a running back instead of signing a veteran in free agency. There's just too much evidence (like Arian Foster and Alfred Morris) that, at running back, fresh legs and a good offensive scheme help more than experience. I know there are flukes like that at every position, but they seem to happen more often with running backs.

Because we already have Rice and Pierce under contract for the next couple years, I doubt we're going to invest a pick in a running back before the fourth round. But I think we can realistically expect to find someone on Day 3 of the draft who can contribute on the ground (when Rice or Pierce is injured or suspended) and who can help out on special teams (perhaps by returning punts occasionally now that Doss is gone).

Mo-Jo was about the only offence the Jag's have had during his career - I think they have worn him out.

Could be signing with Raiders today....

Blog Entries

They're going to bring in a stable of young guys and let them compete. We need fresh legs

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!