Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

So What's Next for the wizard of Oz?

This man truely amazes me every year what he can do with a salary cup. You can truely tell players love playing here and take cuts to play here. In saying that, What does everyone think our next FA move is? Is there any quality Center's, TE's or FS's available?

My other question as i'm watching the FA ticker on NFL network, Why don't we kick the tires on a few of these RB if we can get them cheap especially Blount. We need a bruiser RB like there's no tomorrow I truely miss the pound em type football we use to be known for. With all the RB troubles this offseason I think it's worth a shot.

Also i'm really liking Owen Daniels if we can get him cheap :happyanim

Thanks Ozzie from a life long fan for being the best GM to us Baltimore Fans. We're a pretty smart fan base who appreciates quality,budget friendly players .

Note: with the projected Steve Smith number's I believe we have 9.5-10.5 million left

Re: So What's Next for the wizard of Oz?

I'm hoping the next thing on his plate is getting Will Montgomery in purple & black.

Then Clemons.

Then nail the shit out of the draft.

I hope the Draft is in this order

O-Line
    FS
    RB
    TE

I still don't understand why we can't give furstenburg a chance . If we waste our 1st round pick on Ebrum i'm gonna be livid. Hell of a player but TE is the least of our concerns in my opinion

It's a long shot, but there's still a chance that they make a serious play for Mack.

With the cap in all likelihood going up again next season, they should have room to resign guys like Torrey and Jimmy.

Definitely a long shot though. It would have to be structured right.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan6463 View Post
    I hope the Draft is in this order

O-Line
    FS
    RB
    TE

I still don't understand why we can't give furstenburg a chance . If we waste our 1st round pick on Ebrum i'm gonna be livid. Hell of a player but TE is the least of our concerns in my opinion
    Put me in the camp of people who would not be thrilled with Ebron. WR, OL, or BPA on the defensive side of the ball would be my first round targets.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't expect anything quick. Haven't heard much about FS interest, so I doubt we're in a rush to sign Clemons.

For C and RT, expect Ozzie to wait out a guy's market to lower before signing him.
    Same for CB.

I'd keep an eye on TE market as well.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

If we sign Chris Clemons and a vet C (Brian De La Puente) it would be the perfect offseason. Not sure we could, but that would be truly amazing
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

If were to draft a WR in the first 2 round I think then we have a huge problem there but great problem of being overloaded. You now have everything you need but no one great at WR

Torrey,Brown,JJ Deep threats
    Smith Slot inside reciever

You basically need depth recievers in the 4th round on. If we sign anyone on the line or FS we're trading out of that 1st round pick i'm calling it

Blog Entries

I think they may be done until the cuts start this fall. then they may look to pick up a low cost player here or there for competition.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan6463 View Post

I would actually say Tight end is one of our top needs. Pitta is a wide receiver, not a tight end. And Furstenburg was undrafted for a reason- he isnt that good right now. So I would say we really should get one in rounds 1-3 or sign a more "traditional" tight end.

Problem is we're running out of pick for rounds 1-3 lol. Our O-line was terrible and we dont have a FS so I do not see how there not our first 2-3 picks. Then TE ,RB, and WR in that order. Unless we get a freak of nature WR in the draft there is really no sense in drafting anyway (Which I don't see a Dez Bryant, Calvin Johnson type in this draft). I feel like Brown if given a chance will be our WR1 past Torrey Smith by next year or the following year. Torrey is about past his development time so I can't see much changing there.

TE is major need due to Kubiak's love of 2 TE sets. We have what, 9 mil left? Daniels,Winston, K Cook and best safety u can find sounds good to me. Draft WR, OL, RB and Safety