Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who is Going to the Baltimore Mariners games?

http://www.baltimore-mariners.com/ Was fun when they were here last and won the championship. Not sure how the new team will do however it was cheep, fast and fun!

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

Re: Who is Going to the Baltimore Mariners games?

Looks like tix are $15 in the 200 sections. Good for a cheap date lol.

I'll probably go to one then set up a Roost nite. Low level talent wise, but they played their hearts out & were highly entertaining in 2010. Everybody who went had a great time. My kids loved it and I could afford to take em. The championship game was outstanding.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Blog Entries

Good option for those of us who struggle to afford game tickets. Again, not NFL level in terms of talent or production, but can be fun.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

I'll only go if they're playing the Seattle Orioles... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Seattle Orioles... Bc
    Lol. I know u r joking... but WTH is up with the names... the only name that makes since is Mariners.... The Cleveland Patriots, Atlanta Sharks, York Capitals? Atlanta is landlocked and York isn't even the capital of Pa. lol.

Cleveland Steamers would be much better. LOL.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Lol. I know u r joking... but WTH is up with the names... the only name that makes since is Mariners.... The Cleveland Patriots, Atlanta Sharks, York Capitals? Atlanta is landlocked and York isn't even the capital of Pa. lol.
    This is boring however this is the reason York likes to use the word Capital in name.......

During the American Revolutionary War (1775–1783), York served as the temporary capital of the Continental Congress. The Articles of Confederation were drafted and adopted in York, though they would not be ratified until March 1781.

York styles itself the first Capital of the United States, although historians generally consider it to be the fourth capital, after Philadelphia, Baltimore and Lancaster.[4] The claim arises from the assertion that the Articles of Confederation was the first legal document to refer to the colonies as "the United States of America".[5] The argument depends on whether the Declaration of Independence, which also uses the term, would be considered a true legal document of the United States, being drafted under and in opposition to British rule. This does not, however, prevent modern businesses and organizations in the York area, such as the First Capital Dispensing Co., First Capital Engineering and First Capital Federal Credit Union from using the name.

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Maybe Tony could reach out and see if we can get a Special RussellStreetReport night with deeply discounted tickets? If they were smart they invite a couple 1,000 fans for free to the game and then try to sell us season tickets.

I would think that could get some seats sold. Go to game .. see it is fun ... notice it is affordable and then sign up

Well they won their first game, pounding Rochester 52-28 on the road. Good sign.

http://www.baltimore-mariners.com/ma...raiders-52-28/

They open at home vs the Atlanta Sharks, Saturday 4/19 at 7pm. Tickets are $15-$30.

Again, not the NFL, but it looks like they can score so it should be fun.

Home Schedule:
    4/19 Atlanta Sharks
    5/9 York Capitals
    5/24 Atlanta Sharks
    5/31 Cleveland Patriots
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by flraven View Post
    Cleveland Steamers would be much better. LOL.
    For those that don't get it, google the term "Cleveland Steamer". But not during a meal.

May check out a game, but if they are drawing about a few thousand a game, there will be plenty of good seats at the box office before kickoff, where there might be a 2 or 3 dollar venue fee attached to the price of a ticket.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenfever_com View Post
    This is boring however this is the reason York likes to use the word Capital in name.......

During the American Revolutionary War (1775–1783), York served as the temporary capital of the Continental Congress. The Articles of Confederation were drafted and adopted in York, though they would not be ratified until March 1781.

York styles itself the first Capital of the United States, although historians generally consider it to be the fourth capital, after Philadelphia, Baltimore and Lancaster.[4] The claim arises from the assertion that the Articles of Confederation was the first legal document to refer to the colonies as "the United States of America".[5] The argument depends on whether the Declaration of Independence, which also uses the term, would be considered a true legal document of the United States, being drafted under and in opposition to British rule. This does not, however, prevent modern businesses and organizations in the York area, such as the First Capital Dispensing Co., First Capital Engineering and First Capital Federal Credit Union from using the name.
    Thanks Dr Sheldon Cooper. Lmao. Jk!