Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Updates on Osemele, Pierce

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...8-971995afd586

Osemele may be ready for OTAs, Pierce not until TC. I definitely see the Ravens drafting a RB, especially given the Rice situation.

2. Re: Updates on Osemele, Pierce

I've had rotator-cuff surgery and I think Pierce will be out a lot longer than training camp. That injury is a long and arduous recovery...We will definitely have to draft a RB.

Blog Entries

Re: Updates on Osemele, Pierce

That's the same injury Yanda had, I believe, and he wasn't himself all season.

I'd sign a free agent and draft a RB.

Kubiak has demonstrated time and time again that he can get the most out of RBs, regardless of the hype surrounding them. I'm thinking third or fourth round we see the Ravens take a RB and I'd expect that player to preform very well, regardless of who he is.

I'd love to see the kid West from Towson or the kid from BC but I'm not sure they'll be there that late.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...8-971995afd586

Osemele may be ready for OTAs, Pierce not until TC. I definitely see the Ravens drafting a RB, especially given the Rice situation.
    It's good to see KO so far along in his rehab. He is one of the keys to having a strong Oline in 2014. Resign Monroe, then at least LT, LG, and RG should be solid.
    I agree with you about drafting a RB. With Rice possibly having a suspension (note I wrote "possibly"), and Pierce hurting, a young RB is a need... Bc

If the Ravens decide to go that route, there should be guys in the 4th or 5th round like Marion Grice (Arizona State), James Wilder (Florida State), James White (Wisconsin), Charles Sims (West Virginia), Terrance West (Towson), Andre Williams (Boston College). A couple of those guys might go a bit earlier, but most should be around in those mid-rounds.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    If the Ravens decide to go that route, there should be guys in the 4th or 5th round like Marion Grice (Arizona State), James Wilder (Florida State), James White (Wisconsin), Charles Sims (West Virginia), Terrance West (Towson), Andre Williams (Boston College). A couple of those guys might go a bit earlier, but most should be around in those mid-rounds.
    Good to see several mid-round RBs as Ravens candidates. If there wasn't a Rice incident, and Pierce was healthy, there'd be no need, but there sure is now. Thanks for the names... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Good to see several mid-round RBs as Ravens candidates. If there wasn't a Rice incident, and Pierce was healthy, there'd be no need, but there sure is now. Thanks for the names... Bc
    I disagree. I think we needed someone else regardless. I think the case be made now that we need two guys. Having only two RBs at our disposal last year bit us in the ass. Rice shouldnt have been playing, Rice and the Ravens admitted as much. But we couldnt sit him because Pierce was the only other guy we had and as we now know, he needed shoulder surgery. They waited far to late to adda legit 3rd option. I think we need two backs. So that we have 3 just in case Pierce or Rice dont make it back in time. If they are both available then we have four guys and someone can get a hangnail or maybe we dump the extra safety.

Blog Entries
    Carlos Hyde in the 2nd would be a nice day 1 starter type pick. We haven't had a big dominant runner since Jamal Lewis.

Blog Entries

In recent years, FA RBs can be had for pennies on the dollar. The only problem I see there is Ozzie not wanting to sign a UFA because it would affect our comp pick status.

But look at this list:

Running Backs

1. Ben Tate
    2. Rashad Jennings - Probably being re-signed by Oakland
    3. Darren McFadden
    4. Andre Brown
    5. Knowshon Moreno
    6. Maurice Jones-Drew
    7. Donald Brown - Would be shocked if Colts don't bring him back
    8. Rashard Mendenhall
    9. Ahmad Bradshaw
    10. James Starks
    11. LeGarrette Blount - Probably getting re-signed by Pats
    12. Anthony Dixon
    13. Toby Gerhart
    14. La'Rod Stephens-Howling
    15. Jonathan Dwyer
    16. Peyton Hillis
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

The other intriguing guy is Cierre Wood. ND RB who was undrafted last year, could be intriguing option if he does well in camp.

Man, that damn Bobby Rainey move keeps coming back to bite Ozzie.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!