Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The TAG thread

Blog Entries

Re: The TAG thread

Aaron Wilson@RavensInsider 31m
    Jets franchise kicker Nick Folk: Kicker gets $3.4 million tag http://bit.ly/1bSRBaw @footballpost #NFL
    Collapse

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I guess the fun starts this weekend and mostly Monday. Graham wanting the WR tag will be interesting; not unlike Suggs saying he should be a DE and not a LB. Eventually they settled in the middle and likely they'll do the same with Graham.

There just aren't enough tags. Will Cleveland tag Mack as Olineman when he's a center, and be influenced by all of that LT money? The league needs an update on this process.
    I heard the issue with the o-lineman can only be fixed in the CBA. The argument is that o-lineman play different positions more than other units. The teams seem to have given in. I'd be stunned if the Browns tagged Mack for over $11 million. Ward though I think has a very good chance of getting the rage.

Blog Entries

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk 23m
    Per @mortreport, Saints apply non-exclusive tag to @TheJimmyGraham, opening the door for another team to woo him http://wp.me/p14QSB-9qg2

Blog Entries

And here are the TAG numbers.

Quarterback: $16.912 million.
    Running back: $9.54 million.
    Receiver: $12.312 million.
    Tight end: $7.035 million.
    Offensive line: $11.654 million.
    Defensive end: $13.116 million.
    Defensive tackle: $9.654 million.
    Linebacker: $11.455 million.
    Cornerback: $11.834 million.
    Safety: $8.433 million.
    Kicker/punter: $3.556 million.

Blog Entries

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk 23m
    Per @mortreport, Saints apply non-exclusive tag to @TheJimmyGraham, opening the door for another team to woo him http://wp.me/p14QSB-9qg2
    Is that what they call the "Transition Tag?" Haven't heard that used in a long time... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Is that what they call the "Transition Tag?" Haven't heard that used in a long time... Bc
    Yup if a team wants him, it'll just cost them two first rounders .... in other words he's untouchable

You generally have to pay more if you use the exclusive tag because it's based on the top five salaries at that position as of April of the current year. The non-exclusive tag is based on the top five salaries at that position as of the previous year.

With the non-exclusive tag, another team can make an offer on Graham and if the Saints don't match it, he's gone. The signing team would need to give the Saints two 1st rounders as compensation though. If Graham had the exclusive tag, no other team could talk to him period.

Blog Entries

Yup if a team wants him, it'll just cost them two first rounders .... in other words he's untouchable
    Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    You generally have to pay more if you use the exclusive tag because it's based on the top five salaries at that position as of April of the current year. The non-exclusive tag is based on the top five salaries at that position as of the previous year.

With the non-exclusive tag, another team can make an offer on Graham and if the Saints don't match it, he's gone. The signing team would need to give the Saints two 1st rounders as compensation though. If Graham had the exclusive tag, no other team could talk to him period.
    Thank you, gentlemen... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Can't tag Art.

The only player that makes sense to tag is Pitta as a TE, not a WR. Even splitting that tag number would be too much IMO.

Assuming they get Monroe and Pitta into a new deal, maybe Daryl Smith is tagged? Even then, that might be too expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I bet Darryl Smith and his agent would love to get tagged. The $11m it would cost the Ravens to tag him is probably more than he will make for the rest of his entire career combined. He'd be waiting at the Castle first thing Monday morning to sign that thing.

There is no compensation for the transition tag. That tag only gives a team the right to match any offer.

As Money explained...there are two types of franchise tags...the exclusive...which doesn't allow for the player to negotiate with any other team and is the average of the top 5 guys at his position of the current year, and the non-exclusive, which allows the player to negotiate with other teams with the 2 first rounders as compensation and carries the lower, top 5 average salaries of the previous year cap number.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Today is TAG day

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora 36m
    Colts still working to sign CB Vontae Davis longterm, but will not apply the franchise tag if they don't strike a deal by 4pm tag deadline

Blog Entries

I can't believe they're willing to pay him almost $12M a year...

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk 3m
    Redskins reportedly set to tag Orakpo if no deal reached by deadline http://wp.me/p14QSB-9qjL