Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The TAG thread

Re: The TAG thread

There is zero chance we tag Art; he's as good as gone, unfortunately. Monroe is the one to be tagged, if it's needed.

Blog Entries

I dont think they wish to use it on anybody. It most certainly wont be Art Jones though. hes a very good player but he doesnt really excel at that high of a level at anything. Id be happy to have him back, dont get me wrong, but i dont think you can tag him.

Pitta i dont think fits that mold either, though i see why they would consider it.

monroe certainly fits the mold simply because of what they invested, plus his ability. If anyone gets tagged i think its him, but frankly im leaning towards us not using it this year and either signing them before or letting market dictate whether we want to or not.
    -JAB

3. Re: The TAG thread

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Nope.

He is not close to as important to this team as Pitta IMHO and especially Monroe.

I think while he is a good, solid player, he is approaching getting overrated on this board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Agree so much with this post. I feel like Jones is this year's Ellerbee. I think the extension of Suggs all but assures Monroe deal gets done. I would be shocked on the Pitta tag TBH....I think they let him test FA and see what he can come back with in terms of a matching offer. No way in hell does Daryl get tagged either.

Art Jones is as good as gone. I hope he doesn't go to Cleveland. Their D is already good enough.

Blog Entries

I really don't see the Ravens tagging anyone unless it's a temporary leverage while working out a long term deal. Just too expensive.

Projected 2014 franchise-tag amounts (from NFL Media's Albert Breer)
    Position
    Salary
    Quarterback
    $16.2 million
    Defensive end
    $12.6 million
    Wide receiver
    $11.6 million
    Cornerback
    $11.3 million
    Offensive lineman
    $11.2 million
    Linebacker
    $11 million
    Defensive tackle
    $9.2 million
    Running back
    $9.1 million
    Safety
    $8.1 million
    Tight end
    $6.8 million
    Kicker/punter
    $3.4 million

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

The Ravens aren't going to let Monroe go. They going to work like hell to get him signed before they have to tag. If not he's going to be tagged and then they'll try and get a deal before the next deadline.

Blog Entries

So clarify for me, the Ravens have not tagged anyone, YET?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Ravens aren't going to let Monroe go. They going to work like hell to get him signed before they have to tag. If not he's going to be tagged and then they'll try and get a deal before the next deadline.
    I share your thought. I'd find it hard to believe Ozzie would trade 4th and 5th round picks just to "rent" Monroe for part of one season. IMO the TAG would be last resort, but I think Ozzie would use it if he absolutely had to... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Nope.

He is not close to as important to this team as Pitta IMHO and especially Monroe.

I think while he is a good, solid player, he is approaching getting overrated on this board.

He def isn't as important as Monroe, but i think I'd rather have him than pitta. I'm just not sure it's either Monroe or pitta in the FO minds

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    He def isn't as important as Monroe, but i think I'd rather have him than pitta. I'm just not sure it's either Monroe or pitta in the FO minds
    I understand, but I wouldn't tag anybody other than Monroe if it was deemed necessary to use it.

No way Jones is worth it...he's a good player, but not irreplaceable at a position that doesn't have a lot of value.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

With the current state of the NFL, quick passing, short passes, quick releases etc, Art is not as valuable as Monroe. Pitta to me is up in the air based off of his injury. He did come back, but can he continue to produce as a $6 mil dollar TE. I think that money benefits us elsewhere regardless if he his Joe's BFF. to many question marks and we just dropped Boldin ($6 mil)who was virtually just like Pitta up the middle

Blog Entries

One week in, not a single tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!