Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The TAG thread

Re: The TAG thread

I think Ozzie is going to let Jones walk and get a monster deal for the comp pick next year.

Blog Entries

Three days left without a single team using the tag so far. Seems pretty likely that Jimmy Graham will be tagged and then it will likely go to arbitration after he files a grievance.

That one will be interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Three days left without a single team using the tag so far. Seems pretty likely that Jimmy Graham will be tagged and then it will likely go to arbitration after he files a grievance.

That one will be interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why would any team tag a player early? Teams are going to use the tag as leverage to get a deal done. They're going to keep negotiating until the last possible minute. If a deal isn't done then they'll tag. If they use the tag early negotiations are going to break down until the deadline to sign a tagged player hits in the early Summer.

That last couple hours of the deadline are going to be tag-erific.

I think that Monroe's tag # ($11 million I think) would be fine considering that the top tackles are getting upwards of $15 million and that the cap has been pushed up significantly. I don't think you can value pick a LT in freeagency this year with all of the $$ almost assured to be thrown around.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    I think Ozzie is going to let Jones walk and get a monster deal for the comp pick next year.
    I don't think Arthur Jones (DT) will get a monster deal. I do believe he will get a contract that will give the Ravens a 4th round pick in 2015 though... Bc

Can't tag Monroe if the tag number is 11m. Once you do that you have set the floor at 11m. You will never get a deal done where it should be if you tag him. He should get around 8m per year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Can't tag Monroe if the tag number is 11m. Once you do that you have set the floor at 11m. You will never get a deal done where it should be if you tag him. He should get around 8m per year.
    Not necessarily true. The Ravens can TAG Monroe, then negotiate a long term deal. I hope that's what they do, but IMO we cannot lose a young (27) starting LT and easily replace him... Bc

Monroe is not going to want to play under the tag any more than the Ravens want him to play under the tag. All the tag will do is keep other teams from mucking up the negotiations by throwing ridiculous numbers out there. They will negotiate a good, fair deal that both sides are happy with. I guarantee it.

Blog Entries

Since when? That wasn't an issue with Suggs or Ngata. It would be a problem if the guaranteed money was less than $11 but there is no way that happens.

Per ESPN, Jimmy Graham and Greg Hardy will be tagged

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Not even to get a long term deal done? I'd rather have him that pitta, personally. Younger, more room for improvement, hasn't had a serious hip injury. Could easily lose ngata soon
    It would seem odd to franchise a player at $9+mil just to negotiate with him on a $5 or $6 mil per yr contract. I think once you franchise someone then you've already started the negotiations somewhere around that amount and AJ is nowhere near a $9mil player. The Ravens have players on the roster who could conceivably replace AJ, but no one who could currently replace Monroe or Pitta, which makes both of them more valuable to the Ravens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Per ESPN, Jimmy Graham and Greg Hardy will be tagged
    I guess the fun starts this weekend and mostly Monday. Graham wanting the WR tag will be interesting; not unlike Suggs saying he should be a DE and not a LB. Eventually they settled in the middle and likely they'll do the same with Graham.

There just aren't enough tags. Will Cleveland tag Mack as Olineman when he's a center, and be influenced by all of that LT money? The league needs an update on this process.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!