Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dexter McCluster

If the Ravens lost Jacoby Jones in free agency Dexter McCluster would be a good replacement. He's the guy that would be able to make explosive plays as a KR/PR/#3WR.

Re: Dexter McCluster

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    If the Ravens lost Jacoby Jones in free agency Dexter McCluster would be a good replacement. He's the guy that would be able to make explosive plays as a KR/PR/#3WR.
    would he cost more than what Jacoby will?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darksouleyez View Post
    would he cost more than what Jacoby will?
    They would probably be around the same, Dexter may be a little bit cheaper, but not by much.

Honestly, pass. I'd keep Jacoby first.

McCluster is the kind of player a lot of teams would like to have, but a lot of OCs would not use him correctly. It could be that Kansas City will move on from him, but if he hits free agency he's going to get some good offers.

Blog Entries

I'd figure Jacoby is more likely to give us a discount.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Jacoby's also more likely to be overpaid by some team that's willing to give him #2 receiver money for a few highlight reel catches.

Blog Entries

I'd prefer Jacoby over McCluster simply because Jacoby is 6'2" and McCluster is 5'8".

You can do a lot more with Jacoby outside of special teams than what you can with McCluster. McCluster's skill set is a very niche skill set and many offensive coordinators just aren't creative enough or willing to work a player like McCluster into their program.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    I'd offer Jacoby #3 money and see if he takes it. He is a very nice player to have as a guy who can contribute to your offense playing between 10-20 snaps and can be a major difference maker on special teams. With our other holes on the roster, we can't afford to pay someone like that more than 2.5 a year maximum, and may have to find a replacement in the draft, McCluster is not really a viable option imo. I can't recall the last time either Baltimore or any team under Kubiak used a small gadget player like McCluster either.

We need an outside receiver who can immediately upgrade the #2 spot or ideally become a true #1 first and for most. Marlon is not a viable option to be a solid #2 receiver at this point in his career, and is best used in the slot, and Jacoby is essentially a splash play guy who you can't rely on to be an every down receiver. If Jacoby leaves in FA, that's another key hole to fikk along with a #2 receiver.

No thanks.

I like Jacoby to remain, if he doesn't break the bank. I can't remember him dropping passes like he used to be known for. He developed into a pretty good #3-4 WR. Plus you can't replace how he has won us some games and still has elite speed and return ability. I would try hard to get him back on a 2-3 yr deal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'd offer Jacoby #3 money and see if he takes it. He is a very nice player to have as a guy who can contribute to your offense playing between 10-20 snaps and can be a major difference maker on special teams. With our other holes on the roster, we can't afford to pay someone like that more than 2.5 a year maximum, and may have to find a replacement in the draft, McCluster is not really a viable option imo. I can't recall the last time either Baltimore or any team under Kubiak used a small gadget player like McCluster either...
    leach, I'd have to agree with all your points here. I really want JJ back. He's one of the few Ravens who brings excitement and big-play ability to our STeams and WR positions... Bc