Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Will this upcoming Season finally be the year where...........

We finish in the top ten in offense?? Something that hasn't happened since 1997. I copied these stats right from br.com. It displays total yards per game only. 2013 is not included but I think we know where we landed there.

It's no secret that organizationally we've been mostly focused on the defensive side of the ball until 2008 when their was a more concerted effort to take our offense to the next level with the drafting of Flacco and Rice.

Gary Kubiak is one of several missing pieces I hope that can launch us into a top ten offense. Hopefully Rice and Pierce come back healthy and are ready to master the ZBS system Kubiak is sure to implement.

Still alot of unknowns at this point. Our two biggest needs are shoring up the OL and getting a playmaker at WR. And once we shore up our OL can the ZBS scheme be simplified to the point where they are hitting the ground running once the regular season rolls around? We can't have this "it will take a half a season" to adjust nonsense.

Here's to a good draft and better coaching.

Yards Per Game Avg.
    YEAR #
    2012 16th (352.5)
    2011 15th (338.7)
    2010 22nd (322.9)
    2009 13th (351.2)
    2008 18th (324.0)
    2007 22nd (302.0)
    2006 17th (317.0)
    2005 24th (293.3)
    2004 31st (273.4)
    2003 21st (308.1)
    2002 26th (289.9)
    2001 14th (320.3)
    2000 16th (313.4)
    1999 24th (298.6)
    1998 26th (281.1)
    1997 9th (330.7)
    1996 3rd (357.7)

Blog Entries

Re: Will this upcoming Season finally be the year where...........

yes. I think we get back to more of what we were, plus a lot more efficient. We can be a top half of the league offense and be a contender, so im not so dependent upon top 10, but i think we can be that with Kubiak.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

We need to get a better handle on who is going to be on the team before we answer that question. The only player we know for sure is going to start on the offensive line is Yanda. Will Pitta be back? Will there be another option at WR? Are Rice and Pierce healthy? It's just too early to know.

Blog Entries

I don't see it but if they can just get to middle of the pack they would win a lot of games

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I'd rather finish in the top 5-7 in scoring because that's what counts the most. One year recently the Chargers finished no. 1 in offense (yards) and defense (yards) but were 8-8 (largely due to ST's).

If the Ravens are 15th in offensive yards but top five in scoring, they'll have between 11-13 wins. Points come from the offense but also takeaways which lead to short fields/td's/fg's and pick 6's.

The lack of cranking up yards is not just about a lack of offensive talent, but about a scheme in which value is placed on running the ball and controlling the clock, thereby taking pressure off the defense. If we start competing yardage-wise with the wide open Manning/Brees/Brady offenses, that would be a bad thing.

Two types of teams make the top 10: teams that live and die by outscoring their opponent in a shootout (Broncos, Pats, Eagles), and teams that have sorry defenses and play from behind a lot (Bears, Redskins.) I don't think we can compete with the former, and I never want to be one of the latter.

Squeak into the top 10? Maybe that would be okay. But I'm comfortable with top 15 if it comes with a sound running game.
    "Chin up, chest out."

I'm comfortable with a top 15 offense :)

More importantly I think that this will be the year that Joe emerges as a top 5 quarterback. Kubiak is just the kind of guy that Joe needs and that we've been waiting for.

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post
    More importantly I think that this will be the year that Joe emerges as a top 5 quarterback. Kubiak is just the kind of guy that Joe needs and that we've been waiting for.
    I doubt that. The sense you get from Kubiak, Harbaugh, and everyone else is that this is still going to be a run-first offense. Just like the Ravens have always done, they will pass the ball when necessary or to make chunk plays. They will rely on the run primarily unless they have no choice but to go to the pass.

I'm sure Joe will have a good, efficient season, but he likely won't break 4,000 yards or put up other good stats. If everything goes according to plan, he won't be throwing the ball enough to accumulate the numbers.

Blog Entries

them stats above are abismal minus 96-97..i would be happy just to see this offense have some consistency in moving the ball and getting the job ib the redzone top 15 offense would be a dream we won 8 games with the worst offense in team history imagine a top 15 offense? BUT like Gota mention we gotta see the personnel moves.

Blog Entries

After the 2013 offensive swoon, 2014 has to be better just by default. Just a moderate upgrade will have the Ravens back in the playoffs again.
    Regarding Ray Rice, I think he will have a much better season because IMO he had a Super Bowl hangover in 2013. I believe he has a lot of pride, and won't want to be embarrassed again. Look for RR to come into camp in better shape and with a more positive attitude... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    After the 2013 offensive swoon, 2014 has to be better just by default. Just a moderate upgrade will have the Ravens back in the playoffs again.
    Regarding Ray Rice, I think he will have a much better season because IMO he had a Super Bowl hangover in 2013. I believe he has a lot of pride, and won't want to be embarrassed again. Look for RR to come into camp in better shape and with a more positive attitude... Bc
    the FO is going to invest heavily into this offense we can see it already.