Blog Entries

Joe Flacco's buying some McNuggets tonight!

How happy do you think Joe Flacco is about all of this?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: Joe Flacco's buying some McNuggets tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    How happy do you think Joe Flacco is about all of this?
    Hard to know. He might have wanted Hostler who he knew. Change is not something most players like.

Don't know, hopefully our new QB coach can fix his mechanics a bit though.

Flacco has played better with a QB coach historically, and he definitely regressed last season without one.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    Don't know, hopefully our new QB coach can fix his mechanics a bit though.

Flacco has played better with a QB coach historically, and he definitely regressed last season without one.

He regressed last year because his surrounding offense was in shambles and the offensive "system" was pathetic.

A top-20 play highlight reel of Flacco last year would match up well against any player in the league. Flacco was required to make a dozen spectacular plays each game last year for even serviceable offensive production. .

Nothing was easy.

Ten of his interceptions were mostly not his fault. He had five great touchdown passes dropped.

Not a single aspect of the offense was specifically geared towards Flacco's strengths, or Torrey Smith's strengths, or anyone's strengths. We witnessed one of the worst coaching performances in NFL history.

Laugh at me, call it hyperbole, whatever but the difference is I look at potential. Most posters are blinded by "reality" which makes them realists which makes them extremely limited when it comes to things like innovation and progress and insight and inspiration. (among other things).

Reality is limited to what society/authority/circumstances has allowed to come to fruition. There is always greatness and beauty right underneath the surface. Underneath the surface is truth. Rarely is it seen in the flesh. To be more specific, rarely is it realized.

After you guys see how spectacularJoe Flacco and the Ravens offense is next year now since they will FINALLY have a HELPFUL offensive scheme.
    Last edited by PurpleApocalypse37; 01-27-2014 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    He regressed last year because his surrounding offense was in shambles and the offensive "system" was pathetic. If you made a top-20 play highligjt reel of Flacco last year, it would match up well against any player in the league. Flacco was expected to make a dozen spectacular plays each game last year to even have a serviceable performance. Nothing was easy. He had ten interceptions that were not his fault. He had over 5 great touchdowns dropped. Again, nothing was every easy. And not a single aspect of the offense was specifically geared towards Flacco's strengths, or Torrey Smith's strengths, or anyone's strengths. It was truly one of the worst coaching performances last year of any team in NFL history. Laugh at me now, call it hyperbole, whatever but that's only because I see the potential while most people don't because they don't understand the importance of creativity and how creativity is the essence of all progress, discovery, and insight. After you guys see how spectacularJoe Flacco and the Ravens offense is next year now since they will FINALLY have a HELPFUL offensive scheme
    All of that is true. It doesn't change the fact that Flacco regressed last season and that extends to things that were entirely under his control.

His deep accuracy was awful, he made awful reads on open receivers, and even his short accuracy went to shit.

I'm not saying it's all his fault. But to say that Flacco played anywhere near his best is a gross lie. His mobility was outstanding but it came at the cost of his precision going to shit. Even on short quick passes to the flats, Flacco was underthrowing receivers.

His surrounding cast was awful, but so was he. You don't set a career high in interceptions by a HUGE margin without messing up a bit yourself

All of that is true. It doesn't change the fact that Flacco regressed last season and that extends to things that were entirely under his control.

His deep accuracy was awful, he made awful reads on open receivers, and even his short accuracy went to shit.

I'm not saying it's all his fault. But to say that Flacco played anywhere near his best is a gross lie. His mobility was outstanding but it came at the cost of his precision going to shit. Even on short quick passes to the flats, Flacco was underthrowing receivers.

His surrounding cast was awful, but so was he. You don't set a career high in interceptions by a HUGE margin without messing up a bit yourself

I think a lot of his timing was due to the fact he was hit early and hit often. It's hard to settle in with confidence when you are being smacked around.

Could he have played better? Certainly. But I think the way the offense was run is a big problem with why Flacco regressed. Maybe I'm making excuses but I think Flacco gets a bad rap around Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    I think a lot of his timing was due to the fact he was hit early and hit often. It's hard to settle in with confidence when you are being smacked around.

Could he have played better? Certainly. But I think the way the offense was run is a big problem with why Flacco regressed. Maybe I'm making excuses but I think Flacco gets a bad rap around Baltimore.
    It's not about a bad rap. I'm hardly saying Flacco is terrible. I'm just saying he was much worse than usual last season.

We need to accept that there was a complete offensive failure last season, and that extended to every piece. I don't think a single player outside Tucker played truly well on offense last season (and he technically doesn't even count for offense)

It's not about a bad rap. I'm hardly saying Flacco is terrible. I'm just saying he was much worse than usual last season.

We need to accept that there was a complete offensive failure last season, and that extended to every piece. I don't think a single player outside Tucker played truly well on offense last season (and he technically doesn't even count for offense)

Sorry if you took that towards you. I was meaning talk radio about the bad rap. And I agree last year was brutal.

Blog Entries

maybe it's time he laid off the chicken nuggets and work on his diet - Tell him Ray!

Back OT - this is a pretty good article on the topic: http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ra...und-joe-flacco

When the Baltimore Ravens announced Gary Kubiak as offensive coordinator Monday, they also named Rick Dennison the quarterbacks coach. But make no mistake: Getting Joe Flacco back on track is Kubiak's project.
    Last edited by Ravenswintitle; 01-27-2014 at 09:19 PM.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    maybe it's time he laid off the chicken nuggets and work on his diet - Tell him Ray!
    Dunking Chicken Nuggets into BBQ sauce works on his hand eye coordination... those things never seem to fit right into those skimpy sauce packs. Plus he gets to lick his fingers when he is done... which replicates him getting a good lick for ball grip during the game.