Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Could Matt Shaub be brought in to back up Joe now?

Not to jump the gun, but I could see this pending he doesn't get a chance to start somewhere else next season. Actually, I would still think he has a shot at possibly being a starter for a team like the Browns or Jag's, but after a horrific season last year it wouldn't surprise me?

One thing I can tell you, (living in Houston and having a frame of reference for all things Texans) is Kubiak really likes this him, even bringing him off the bench twice over Case Keenum (which helped him get fired before the end of the year) and believe me, that was not a popular decision with the Keenum-loving-folks down here.

There's been much talk about getting a better option (passer wise) over Tyrod Taylor and this would not surprise me at all.

Re: Could Matt Shaub be brought in to back up Joe now?

That assumes the Texans cut him. That said, assuming they did, I doubt it with our cap situation.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

I think its very possible, as is signing Eric Winston.

I can't see it given Kubiak and Dennison's relationship with Schaub.

Joe would feel isolated and a big time rift could occur.

Go get a Jason Campbell type QB who doesn't mind being on the bench and call it a day.

Now Michael Vick OTOH.........

Blog Entries

Ha, I knew someone would go there. Probably too expensive for one thing...especially for a guy who would run the Wildcat

:DeadHorse:

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I don't see the Ravens putting relatively big cap money into a backup QB. If anything this is the kind of system that should really help Tyrod Taylor. All those boots are right in his wheelhouse.

Blog Entries

Or a true developmental QB is taken later like Cornell's Jeff Mathews is 6-4, 224 who looked like he had real potential in the Reese's Bowl
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Go after Sexy Rexy.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I think its very possible, as is signing Eric Winston.
    Agree on Winston. Especially if Monroe is resigned. I wonder how much Winston would cost? He didn't even play last year did he?

You guys may be right on the money issue with Shaub, but he really blew last year and Kubiak never gave up on him. I haven't heard anything about a rift between those guys as the OP mentioned. Hell, even Cam brought back John Beck (was that his name) point being some of these coaches don't give up on "they're guys."

Quote Originally Posted by Corvo View Post
    Go after Sexy Rexy.
    Oh, no! I would rather keep Tyrod than Rex, or Vick for that matter.

Winston would be a logical and solid pick up after he and Kubiak being together in Hou, even with Eric having been in Ariz this past season. Don't see us bringing in Schaub though. Joe doesn't need him around and he'd be too expensive for us as a backup anyway. I think he'll still get a shot to start somewhere else as well. Ain't happening here. However, the real 64K question is, will Kubiak fight to keep Leach around? Until now, I thought he was as good as gone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Agree on Winston. Especially if Monroe is resigned. I wonder how much Winston would cost? He didn't even play last year did he?

You guys may be right on the money issue with Shaub, but he really blew last year and Kubiak never gave up on him. I haven't heard anything about a rift between those guys as the OP mentioned. Hell, even Cam brought back John Beck (was that his name) point being some of these coaches don't give up on "they're guys."
    Eric Winston was on the Cardinals last season. They paid him $1.25 on a 1 year deal and supposedly will be looking for a multi-year extension.