Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Is there a disagreement within the staff on who the next OC should be?

Please note that I haven't heard this from any sources, or leaks, or anything like that. I just get the feeling that maybe one of the reasons this process has gone on so long, and the fact that they still haven't even decided between Hostler and Shanny, that maybe there's a genuine disagreement on who the next OC should be. I fully expect the announcement to finally come by tomorrow, however, I can't help but feel that something has happened behind the scenes that we don't know about.

My guess is that someone in the FO wants an outside guy to come in, obviously Kyle being the favorite, maybe someone as high as Steve? Maybe, Steve or Ozzie are arguing with Harbaugh about why Hostler should not be the next play caller, and maybe Harbaugh would have named Hostler straight away had Steve or Ozzie let him. I actually think Steve has left this up to Ozzie and Harbs to decide, and I think that Ozzie may want Kyle, and John wants Hostler.

Not saying this is what I think for certain, but it's a theory that may be true, because this process hasn't made much sense to me at all.

Blog Entries

Re: Is there a disagreement within the staff on who the next OC should be?

there has been an ongoing debate all season long that there is a disconnect between coaching staff and FO, based on personnel moves on both ends it wouldn't be farfetched to think there is not one.

Blog Entries

i just want shanny, i don't really care about what is going on in the FO i just want them to get it right and that would be hiring shanny

This isn't a staff decision. It's Harbs' and his alone at this point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravens47 View Post
    i just want shanny, i don't really care about what is going on in the FO i just want them to get it right and that would be hiring shanny
    I'm with this at this point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    That's not entirely true. Ozzie will have a big say on who the next OC will be, and Steve will no doubt have some input into it.

Blog Entries

I am not buying this, this right here is a HUGE move for the Ravens and the future of this ball club with their 120mil investment in Joe, I think all hands are on deck in this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    That's not entirely true. Ozzie will have a big say on who the next OC will be, and Steve will no doubt have some input into it.
    Key words "at this point"

Yes, Ozzie was involved in the process I am sure (not Bisciotti) but this is now Harbs call at this point.

Head coaches in this league pick their staff and live / die with those decisions.

Blog Entries

Key words "at this point"

Yes, Ozzie was involved in the process I am sure (not Bisciotti) but this is now Harbs call at this point.

Head coaches in this league pick their staff and live / die with those decisions.
    No matter what he says, I think Biscotti is involved with nearly every major staff decision they make. I also think he's involved with major contract talks/signings.

It's going to be shanahan, I think they made their choice on Friday, used the weekend to verify that his zone blocking schemes would blend with costillos, verified it'd be a fit with flacco, and worked out a contract structure. The announcement will be tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    No matter what he says, I think Biscotti is involved with nearly every major staff decision they make. I also think he's involved with major contract talks/signings.
    Bisciotti once told Ozzie it's his team to run and to get him involved if there's a big story so he can have some answers when his friends ask him about it.

There's nothing in this teams history to suggest that he would be that involved in the selection of a coordinator. In fact, just the opposite. Bisciotti famously says that he lets the football people make the football decisions. His actions since taking over as owner backs that up.

Harbs will decide on Monday who the OC is and Harbs alone will own that decision, good or bad.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_NY View Post
    It's going to be shanahan, I think they made their choice on Friday, used the weekend to verify that his zone blocking schemes would blend with costillos, verified it'd be a fit with flacco, and worked out a contract structure. The announcement will be tomorrow.
    Are you stating hat as fact or opinion?