Thread: Louis Delmas

Blog Entries

Louis Delmas

Likely to be a cap casualty. Perhaps he could be a candidate to play FS for us? Huge hitter, very physical and makes plays, has played like a Raven, but struggles to stay healthy. He wouldn't count against any compensatory picks if we signed him.

Blog Entries

Re: Louis Delmas

I always thought that Delmas would be a better strong safety but the Lions have most used him at FS. He's always banged up but when healthy he's a good player. If he does get free, which is very possible because of how they structured that contract I think you are right that he would be a good guy to look at.

I feel like he'll be out of our price range. He had a good season...PFF gave him a good rating. Ihedigbo will most likely not get a big contract because of his age and the volume of good safeties available in the NFL this off season. We could sign Ihedigbo to a 2 year 1.8 million dollar contract and be done with it. He was our leading tackler, knows the system, and he can lay the wood.

If Omar Brown can step up that would be huge. His last chance to stand out is this years training camp. He's an exclusive rights FA and they should tender him.

Blog Entries

Ihedigbo is a good SS, we need a FS. theyve said as much and i trust well have a vet in here quickly. Delmas is likely to get cut and fits our MO. Id say theres a good chance hes here with a rookie behind for depth, without knowing what other players may be available. I would think a guy like Malcom Jenkins may be also high on that list, though a FA. Converted DB, that plays a lot better coverage than run support. all depends on "right player, right price".
    -JAB

You realize that when you say plays like a raven, you're now talking about a minority of players on our team right?

We lost most of our raven-ness this season

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Good call. If Delmas does get cut, I'd be all for bringing him in.

Blog Entries

When he is healthy, he is very good.

...he deals with a lot of nagging injuries though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

8. Re: Louis Delmas

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    I feel like he'll be out of our price range. He had a good season...PFF gave him a good rating. Ihedigbo will most likely not get a big contract because of his age and the volume of good safeties available in the NFL this off season. We could sign Ihedigbo to a 2 year 1.8 million dollar contract and be done with it. He was our leading tackler, knows the system, and he can lay the wood.

If Omar Brown can step up that would be huge. His last chance to stand out is this years training camp. He's an exclusive rights FA and they should tender him.
    Ihedigbo is a good SS, maybe better right now than Elam, but Elam has a lot more upside.

We need a FS. I think the best option will be M. Jenkins form the Saints.

Like the player, hate his injury history.

Pass...unless we have a really good backup plan for his inevitable many missed games.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Like the player, hate his injury history.

Pass...unless we have a really good backup plan for his inevitable many missed games.
    He played healthy all this past season. That was just one out of like 5 seasons though lol