Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

East-West Game: Ongoing eyeballs

So, while watching the "Round 4-7" talent at this game, thought we could get a thread going for any players who catch your eye. So far for me:

T. Flanders RB (full disclosure...been on this train for a couple of years)
    C. Jones WR (San Jose St....15 TD this year)
    A. Jackson LB (have seen him late round mocked to the Ravens)
    T. Bolser TE (Indiana all time leading TE. Which is kinda like saying Dundalk's all time beauty queen,I know)
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Blog Entries

Re: East-West Game: Ongoing eyeballs

I'm hearing good things about Jimmy Garoppolo but haven't seen him yet.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

He is one of those "where does he play" guys? QB? Slot? RB? S? KR? Not unlike Jordan Lynch.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Double post

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

This little tidbit from Bucky Brooks (NFL columnist) has me interested in the Tre Boston kid

The changing nature of the passing game in the NFL has led scouts to look for safeties with size, athleticism and ball skills. In addition, scouts are searching for tough, physical defenders with the aggressiveness and courage to fill alleys against the run. One defender catching the eye of scouts at the East-West Shrine Game is North Carolina's Tre Boston. The former Tar Heel standout was a heavily recruited prospect out of a high school, but he didn't consistently play to the hype that surrounded his arrival. Although he made a handful of splash plays as a deep middle defender, scouts told me that Boston appeared to have epic mental busts in coverage throughout his career. He routinely vacated the middle of the field on hunches or overreactions to playaction fakes, leaving his corners without deep ball protection.

At the East-West Shrine Game, however, Boston has shown encouraging traits as a versatile defender in the back end. He has aggressively filled lanes as a run defender, while also patrolling the middle as a designated center fielder. If he can play with discipline, awareness and toughness in the game this weekend, Boston can alter the perception that he is a wild-card defender with questionable discipline and focus. Given the number of teams in desperate need of a top safety, Boston's game performance could have a significant impact on his draft status in a few months

J. Najvar TE - Baylor....nice catch

AS re Boston....the "mental lapses" really concern me. I could not understand how the Ravens were having "communication issues" 16 freaking weeks into the season. Don't need to add to that mess.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

The right tackle Ozzie and Co were looking at from USC (Graf) just got beat for a sack

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee414 View Post
    He is one of those "where does he play" guys? QB? Slot? RB? S? KR? Not unlike Jordan Lynch.
    ???

He's a QB only.

9. Re: East-West Game: Ongoing eyeballs

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    This little tidbit from Bucky Brooks (NFL columnist) has me interested in the Tre Boston kid

He's right that Boston has some skills but made some epically terrible mistakes. OTOH he was only ever a middling recruit coming out of HS. I'd stay far, far away from Tre Boston.

Blog Entries

sloppy game

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Boston camera up and run coverage pretty well

Jeremy Gallon just elevated to snag a pass after converting a first. He's had a good game