Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Draft Thoughts

Draft Thoughts

A lot of what we do in the draft depends on who we resign. My guess is that we resign D Smith, E Monroe, D Pitta, J Jones. That being said we need help on the offensive side of the ball. If Taylor Lewan OT from Michigan is on the board, then I have no doubt we will pick him. I just don't see us picking a WR at 16/17. I believe that we either pick an OT or trade down. If we trade down, then I believe the plan will be to move KO to RT and then make a selection at guard with our first pick. So I would do what we did this year make 4 of the first 5 picks offense. OT or G, TE, WR, RB. Then use the balance on D.

Blog Entries

Re: Draft Thoughts

If we sign Monroe long term, i don't know if a RT is worth a first rd pick.

Playing college LTs at RT in the pros isn't always successful either.

I don't see how the first rd pick isn't WR or TE if we sign Monroe.

I'm hoping Evans in the 1st. If he's not there, trade down and pick up Jordan Matthews.

Then hire Matthews' mom's cousin to coach the WRs! ;)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    I'm hoping Evans in the 1st. If he's not there, trade down and pick up Jordan Matthews.

Then hire Matthews' mom's cousin to coach the WRs! ;)
    This!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ManfredHanover View Post
    A lot of what we do in the draft depends on who we resign. My guess is that we resign D Smith, E Monroe, D Pitta, J Jones. That being said we need help on the offensive side of the ball. If Taylor Lewan OT from Michigan is on the board, then I have no doubt we will pick him. I just don't see us picking a WR at 16/17. I believe that we either pick an OT or trade down. If we trade down, then I believe the plan will be to move KO to RT and then make a selection at guard with our first pick. So I would do what we did this year make 4 of the first 5 picks offense. OT or G, TE, WR, RB. Then use the balance on D.
    Agree 100% with this statement. I can't see the Ravens picking a WR/TE at pick 17. Ebron will be gone (and is over rated anyway IMO) and I don't see another viable TE. I feel C J Fiedorowicz in Round 3 has value.

I see us trading down in Round 1 and using the new Round 1 pick (in 20's) on an offensive line (Cyrus Kouandjio?).

I then see our Round 2 pick being used on a WR ( J Matthews/J Landry). Might be that we utilize the gained pick from the trade down to trade up in Round 2 (similar to how we picked Arthur Brown last year).

(PS - first time posted, long term reader of these forums. From the UK but still bleed purple!)

Quote Originally Posted by message1991 View Post
    Agree 100% with this statement. I can't see the Ravens picking a WR/TE at pick 17. Ebron will be gone (and is over rated anyway IMO) and I don't see another viable TE. I feel C J Fiedorowicz in Round 3 has value.

I see us trading down in Round 1 and using the new Round 1 pick (in 20's) on an offensive line (Cyrus Kouandjio?).

I then see our Round 2 pick being used on a WR ( J Matthews/J Landry). Might be that we utilize the gained pick from the trade down to trade up in Round 2 (similar to how we picked Arthur Brown last year).

(PS - first time posted, long term reader of these forums. From the UK but still bleed purple!)
    Great 1st post and welcome. Please post more.

I agree that the 1st pick is wide open and that the WR position is as deep as you will get. Not knowing what Kubiak is looking for in an O-line, but that could determine what rounds we look for someone. To be honest, Kubiak may like what we have in Wagner and Jensen. The new scheme could bring a world of change.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    Great 1st post and welcome. Please post more.

I agree that the 1st pick is wide open and that the WR position is as deep as you will get. Not knowing what Kubiak is looking for in an O-line, but that could determine what rounds we look for someone. To be honest, Kubiak may like what we have in Wagner and Jensen. The new scheme could bring a world of change.
    Thanks! Yes that is very true. Especially with Juan Castillo staying the O-Line is up for changes. Not sure if it's true but I read somewhere that he had a big input in the draft picking of Jensen and Wagner so could see a very different O-Line next year.

I do hope that Osemele stays at Guard and doesn't move back to RT.

Potentially the current O-Line (assuming Monroe signs a long term deal - fingers crossed!) could be:

Monroe - Osemele - Gino/Jensen - Yanda - Wagner.

Blog Entries

I dont want Mike Evans. There is something about the guy that I just dont like. Cant put my finger on it though. Luckily, some team will swoop in and save me from hating that pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I dont want Mike Evans. There is something about the guy that I just dont like. Cant put my finger on it though. Luckily, some team will swoop in and save me from hating that pick.
    I totally agree. I'm one of the few that dont want Evans either. I just think he will become something that isnt realized yet (attitude wise).

I remember after this one bad play and Manziel was trying to talk to him, he was walking away and Manziel grabbed his facemask, like "listen to me". That just stuck with me for some reason. Now he isnt a troublemaker, but I dont see Torrey Smith level humbleness. I see a high profile WR with possible diva tendencies.

I just hope hes long gone by pick 17 so we can trade back for a Beckam or Cook that can play the slot. Also I would rather take Benjamin if we are going big WR. He currently has no equal in size and weight at WR in the NFL. I also think his ceiling is higher and hes a better athlete than Evans. Plus he moves like a much smaller player like Marlon does and a little looser in the hips than Evans.

Benjamin's hand just scare the shit out of me, as do ebrons. I look at Benjamin and think Stephen hill, height weight speed triple threat but an incomplete reciever. I think Evans would be the best choice but I also agree that he will probably be gone. I would love the ravens to either trade back or pick up the top defensive player. Someone usually always drops, with all of the needs I could see a Khalil Mack dropping, and that is the only way Ozzie would trade up. There will be recievers in the second round, I keep forgetting that we will be at pick 49 instead of late 50s early 60s there will still be a lot of talent on the board. I could see a cooks or Landry being there for Ozzie to pull the trigger

Don't worry about Benjamin coming here. Ain't happening.

Evans attitude is fine by all indications. Dude just wants to win. There's no reason to to begin to draw parallels to Dez or TO, for examples. Won't be a Raven at any rate.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by JCroUSAF View Post
    Benjamin's hand just scare the shit out of me, as do ebrons. I look at Benjamin and think Stephen hill, height weight speed triple threat but an incomplete reciever. I think Evans would be the best choice but I also agree that he will probably be gone. I would love the ravens to either trade back or pick up the top defensive player. Someone usually always drops, with all of the needs I could see a Khalil Mack dropping, and that is the only way Ozzie would trade up. There will be recievers in the second round, I keep forgetting that we will be at pick 49 instead of late 50s early 60s there will still be a lot of talent on the board. I could see a cooks or Landry being there for Ozzie to pull the trigger
    While he has just a slightly above average drop rate...it's like a percent and half higher than Jordan Matthews.

I think most peoples issues with Benjamin aren't his hands, but the fact that he's a raw 24 year old rookie with one year of production and while he has great size, he's just an ok athlete and doesn't have the feet or suddenness to be a good route runner...at least for a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.