Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Rodney Harrison says Ravens problem is they are soft

On Pro Football Talk on NBC sports network today Rodney Harrison said the "Ravens were a major disappointment the last two weeks and their problems stemmed from a lack of toughness and the team overall is soft."

I totally agree.

Re: Rodney Harrison says Ravens problem is they are soft

Quote Originally Posted by jerrylogan View Post
    On Pro Football Talk on NBC sports network today Rodney Harrison said the "Ravens were a major disappointment the last two weeks and their problems stemmed from a lack of toughness and the team overall is soft."

I totally agree.
    Possibly, but fuck Rodney Harrison.

Blog Entries

I've been saying this all season. We get punched in the mouth and don't respond.

Not sure 'soft' is the right word. I think 'nice' or 'calm' or 'passive' would be better.

We weren't really pushed around as much as 'not fired up.' No Ray Lewis or Pollard or even Boldin to get the troops ready to kick some ass.

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    True dat!

I love how these talking heads can use these general terms to explain all of the problems this team had. He said that because he doesn't know shit about what happened to the Ravens this year. I heard Jim Fassel this morning on NFLN explain it all by saying that we had no running game. Well no shit Sherlock, but can you explain why we had no running game?
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I've been saying this all season. We get punched in the mouth and don't respond.
    This! His quote should not surprise anyone...the team should have, and could have made the playoffs, but buckled under the pressure. "Hearts of Lions", please, save the coach speak, Harbs! When Ray retired, they lost their heart and leadership!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner. Rodney Harrison is an asshole. He is the most narcissistic prick I have ever listened to on TV.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Not sure 'soft' is the right word. I think 'nice' or 'calm' or 'passive' would be better.

We weren't really pushed around as much as 'not fired up.' No Ray Lewis or Pollard or even Boldin to get the troops ready to kick some ass.
    A 'nice' football player is an oxymoron, IMO, especially when referring to an offensive lineman or any defensive player.

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    True dat!

I love how these talking heads can use these general terms to explain all of the problems this team had. He said that because he doesn't know shit about what happened to the Ravens this year. I heard Jim Fassel this morning on NFLN explain it all by saying that we had no running game. Well no shit Sherlock, but can you explain why we had no running game?
    It's sad to see, but NFLN is becoming more and more like ESPN. All style and no substance. They constantly pander to the lowest common denominator and the ADHD crowd which is growing at an alarmingly fast rate.

So I guess the majority think Harrison is wrong and the Ravens are a smash mouth hard hitting football team. What I saw was Ray Rice falling down anywhere near contact, and no hard hitters like Pollard on the defensive side. . You may dislike Harrison as a commentator or person, but I want some to tell me why the team wasn't soft.

Blog Entries

So I guess the majority think Harrison is wrong and the Ravens are a smash mouth hard hitting football team. What I saw was Ray Rice falling down anywhere near contact, and no hard hitters like Pollard on the defensive side. . You may dislike Harrison as a commentator or person, but I want some to tell me why the team wasn't soft.
    Exactly. Shoot the messenger seems to be the prevailing attitude. I hate the guy as an analyst, hated him more as a player, but he's right on this one. We have lost that physical persona that used to define us as a team.

Wasn't soft when they beat Detroit. Ask megatron what team hurt him the most. Ravens didn't really have a well oil machine to begin with, Scoring has been scarce this season with TDs. But they played hard all season long and came up short these last 2 games. Ask Harrison how tough brady was and why he quit football. He can give an opinion, but unlike Ray Lewis, his past history is weak.