Page 249 of 251 FirstFirst ... 247248249250251 LastLast
Results 2,977 to 2,988 of 3005

Re: The Case for a Defense-heavy Draft

I watched the draft documentary on ESPN (forget the actual name). It went through the pre-draft process with players like Clowney, Bortles, Lee, Desir and Sankey. I came away with the following:

1. Really impressed with Desir and Sankey as individuals. I would be very happy with either/both as Ravens.

2. Bortles girlfriend is one complete hot piece of ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    Bortles girlfriend is one complete hot piece of ass.
    Well, she is a model, so . . .

Bortles has said that he was asked some awkward questions about his girlfriend by some of the teams who interviewed him at the combine. Probably some horny middle-aged white dudes wondering if they can get a look . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post
    Did't Ozzie draft Dickson before Pitta and didn't he pass over Hernandez to draft Dickson ....

21 Jermaine Gresham
    42 Rob Gronkowski
    70 Ed Dickson
    93 Tony Moeaki
    95 Jimmy Graham
    113 Aaron Hernandez
    114 Dennis Pitta

Scouts breakdown Cornerback and Safety prospects

1. HA HA CLINTON-DIX, Alabama (6-1½, 207, 4.59, 1) – Third-year junior. "I truly love him," said one scout. "I think the guy is a damn good football player. He plays fast. He's instinctive as hell. If you want to get caught up in what he ran...I don't know about the brain but he killed it in our interview as far as the video stuff. Some people must have a completely different view of him than I do." Scored 15 on the Wonderlic. "There's just nothing he does really well," another scout said. "He's not particularly athletic, not particularly fast, not explosive, not always physical. You get him and you put him in there and he's just OK. He played at Alabama and started a bunch of games. OK?" Started 20 of 38 games, finishing with 100 tackles (four for loss), seven interceptions and 10 passes defensed. "He's just a solid starter," a third scout said. "The average safety in the league runs 4.6. You don't see a speed deficiency on film. He's a nice, smooth (back) pedaler. Very instinctive. Got nice ball skills." Served a two-game suspension in 2013 for accepting a $500 loan from the school's assistant strength coach. "He's 4.6," another scout said. "He's got good angles and ball skills. Lack of speed will eventually catch up to him. He'll still be a good, solid starter. He scares me."
    4. JIMMIE WARD, Northern Illinois (5-101/2, 195, 4.49, 2) – Started at CB in 2011 and at safety the past two seasons. "Remember Louis Delmas?" said one scout. "Plays a lot like Delmas but he's better in coverage. He's fierce, but Delmas was bigger and thicker. He's already put on some weight and will continue to do that." Finished with 320 tackles (six for loss), 11 picks and 26 passes defensed. "He is small," said a second scout. "He has range. He's the same size as Earl Thomas. Good open-field tackler." Born in Racine, moved to Mobile, Ala., at 7. "Typical Mobile guy," a third scout said. "He's got swagger. He's got a bright eye to him. Not sure you totally trust him but he's confident and a good kid. Just small." Wonderlic of 17. Had fewest reps (nine) of leading safeties on bench press. "He is the hittingest safety in this draft," a fourth scout said. "He's going to hit himself out. Wow, is he a hitter.
    I'll take Jimmie Ward in the second IF he's there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Scouts breakdown Cornerback and Safety prospects

I'll take Jimmie Ward in the second IF he's there.
    I'm kind of hoping to see them move down about 8-10 picks and take Ward.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

That is a good article and summary by scouts. I particularly liked this write up.

AARON COLVIN, Oklahoma (5-11½, 177, 4.5, 3-4) – Started at strong safety in 2011 before moving to CB the past two years. "Hell of a player," one scout said. "He just knows what the hell he's doing. He's a good athlete. Competes." Three-year starter with five picks and 23 passes defensed. Was making a strong early impression in Senior Bowl practices when he suffered a torn ACL. "He tore his knee up," another scout said. "He was a second-round player probably." From Tulsa, Okla. Unquestioned leader of Sooners' secondary. "You'll have to buy him cheaper and shelve him," a third scout said. Wonderlic of 25.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post

2. Bortles girlfriend is one complete hot piece of ass.
    A must follow in Instagram.

Why the hell do these scouts even mention the Wonderlic score? It has been proven to zero impact on a players success in the NFL!!

Just another note on ESPN's draft academy. It was interesting to the difference in quality of pro day prep between the prospects. Bortles by far had the best and Marquise Lee had the worst. Lee didn't know he had to do the 60 yd shuttle and had know idea until he was there what routes he had to run. You could also see how his hands are gonna be an issue in a few instances. Would really like to avoid Lee in the 1st round.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    Anybody watch the mock draft last night on NFL network? Billick picked for the Ravens and chose Ha Ha, but Martin and Barr were on the board. He drafted for need and to be honest, I was pissed.
    Martin went 13 to the Rams...

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Martin went 13 to the Rams...
    That NFL network mock pretty much played out the scenario where we pick up Ha Ha, including Pryor going ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    That NFL network mock pretty much played out the scenario where we pick up Ha Ha, including Pryor going ahead of him.
    I honestly hope it plays out that way. How it worked out, you could argue we got a true BPA at our single biggest position of need.