Page 19 of 251 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 ... LastLast

Re: The 2014 Ravens Draft Thread

All for seeing Brandon Williams get some more work. He showed some flashes and I love the work effort. How about Tyson! He showed some signs in the second half of season.
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest

Blog Entries

Re: The Case for a Defense-heavy Draft

Quote Originally Posted by He/Ate/the/Box View Post
    I like D. Smith in coverage but I thought he was dreadful against the run he couldn't get off block and took bad angles against the run.
    Very few players are Superman. I thought D. Smith had an outstanding season, and was one of the few bright spots. 123 tackles, 5 sacks, 3 INTs (including one for a TD), 2 FFs, and a whopping 19 PDs, and you're gonna criticize him? Not me, I want him resigned... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Very few players are Superman. I thought D. Smith had an outstanding season, and was one of the few bright spots. 123 tackles, 5 sacks, 3 INTs (including one for a TD), 2 FFs, and a whopping 19 PDs, and you're gonna criticize him? Not me, I want him resigned... Bc
    Right? Daryl Smith and Jimmy Smith were our two best defenders this year and I don't think it was close.

Blog Entries

art jones also

D smith is an animal, stopping the run may not be his strong suit but it doesn't help when your dline is constantly getting pushed back and can't get off their blocks. It sucks that Suggs has his contract structured the way he does because I think he's more valuable than ngata at this point. If the roles were reversed I don't think it'd be a question of whether or not to get rid of ngata. D smith had a pro bowl type year and was definitely the MVP of the defense with jimmy as a close second. Monroe pitta smith. Most important signings right there

Blog Entries

all we really need on defense is a really good run stopping MLB like spikes, add a true FS, and add more depth on d line

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I wasn't really criticizing him. I was stating the obvious. Hey I like D. Smith also but when you have a chance to get better you do that. You either get better or you get worse can't stay the same. And at his age I can't see him getting any better but I would not mind having him back at the right price I agree he was a bright spot but he was bad against the run.

I think this upcoming draft needs to be offensive oriented. I want a WR first round. Trade up for Watkins, stay for Marqise Lee, trade back for Mike Evans. Ebron would be cool too. Take an oline men in the second or third rounds. But 2 out of top 3 picks needs to be targets for Joe. Hopefully we KO back, resign Monroe. Add some compitition at center, maybe give Wagner a shot and our online could be more suitable.

Quote Originally Posted by JCroUSAF View Post
    D smith is an animal, stopping the run may not be his strong suit but it doesn't help when your dline is constantly getting pushed back and can't get off their blocks. It sucks that Suggs has his contract structured the way he does because I think he's more valuable than ngata at this point. If the roles were reversed I don't think it'd be a question of whether or not to get rid of ngata. D smith had a pro bowl type year and was definitely the MVP of the defense with jimmy as a close second. Monroe pitta smith. Most important signings right there
    Yea I think Ngata has gotten lazy in the offseason these past two years he has come into came overweight. This year he said it was because he wanted to be bigger because he was going to play NT but I don't buy that I think he didn't work out like he was suppose to. It's a big coincidence that his contract yr he came into camp in the best shape of his life and was very dominating. I think he needs to get back to that size and we need to move him around and not just have him at the same spot because offenses can key on him.

Quote Originally Posted by BmoreLove View Post
    I think this upcoming draft needs to be offensive oriented. I want a WR first round. Trade up for Watkins, stay for Marqise Lee, trade back for Mike Evans. Ebron would be cool too. Take an oline men in the second or third rounds. But 2 out of top 3 picks needs to be targets for Joe. Hopefully we KO back, resign Monroe. Add some compitition at center, maybe give Wagner a shot and our online could be more suitable.
    I would also throw in an dominating MLB to pair with Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by He/Ate/the/Box View Post
    I would also throw in an dominating MLB to pair with Brown.
    Yeah I agree we need a thumper to pair w Brown in the long term. But short term I'm ok with Smith if we can resign him and Brown. I honestly think a true FS is more pressing this year so we can put Elam at SS. I think we can address some defensive issues via free agency. Maybe take a some fliers on later round guys. But in the draft I want instant O help.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Spikes is a FA too, he is one of the best run thumping LBs in the league.
    I'd be on board if Smith goes