Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Eric DeCosta should take over as GM

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    It's kind of difficult to judge a draft after 15 games, isn't it? Or even two seasons. The 2010 draft was the killer that left a gaping hole in the flow of quality players, and it still netted Pitta and A. Jones. One draft gone wrong can set a team back, but that doesn't mean you ditch everything and go back to square one.
    wasnt necessarily talking about this year. The upshaw draft left alot to be desired as well. That 2010 should have been dez

Quote Originally Posted by slinkymaster View Post
    most teams with the amount of turnover we've had this year wouldn't have a winning season. it's still too early to judge the last 2 draft classes.
    Exactly! There's a reason people in the industry wait three years to grade a draft. How many people in this forum were ready to give up on Jimmy Smith earlier this year or Webb at the end of his 2nd year.

It's sad to say but a lot of Ravens fans have become just like the entitled Boston or New York fans I've grown to hate over the years. OP, what would Ozzie have to do to not warrant your criticism? Win the Super Bowl six years in a row? It's not realistic in this day and age with the salary cap and turnover. Maybe the front office didn't do their usual outstanding job in the off season. Guess what? They're human and can make mistakes. They're still one of the top 3 front offices in the NFL. We have (AND STILL MAY HAVE, IF THINGS BREAK CORRECTLY THIS WEEKEND) the longest playoff streak in the entire league currently. Give them some slack. It's extremely likely, with their track record, that Ozzie and Eric will identify the problem and fix it this year. Pardon my rudeness jimmcraven, but you're a complete ass hat if you think getting rid of Ozzie would help this franchise.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Ooh boy. Crazy what one bad loss does to this board!!
    No, not to the entire board...only a few selected members, of which jjmccraven leads the charge of that [insert your own adjective here] crew... bc

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    Exactly! There's a reason people in the industry wait three years to grade a draft. How many people in this forum were ready to give up on Jimmy Smith earlier this year or Webb at the end of his 2nd year.

It's sad to say but a lot of Ravens fans have become just like the entitled Boston or New York fans I've grown to hate over the years. OP, what would Ozzie have to do to not warrant your criticism? Win the Super Bowl six years in a row? It's not realistic in this day and age with the salary cap and turnover. Maybe the front office didn't do their usual outstanding job in the off season. Guess what? They're human and can make mistakes. They're still one of the top 3 front offices in the NFL. We have (AND STILL MAY HAVE, IF THINGS BREAK CORRECTLY THIS WEEKEND) the longest playoff streak in the entire league currently. Give them some slack. It's extremely likely, with their track record, that Ozzie and Eric will identify the problem and fix it this year. Pardon my rudeness jimmcraven, but you're a complete ass hat if you think getting rid of Ozzie would help this franchise.
    And here's your winner! Excellent post.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    The OP may be over board here but Ozzie is not exempt from blame here on his poor decision making this offseason he sure as hell didn't help this offense one bit with the bullshit he gave Joe to work with, while wasting money on guys like huff, spears and canty, while drafting a guy like juice and simon who hasn't seen the field yet but special teams.
    It's a counter factual game I'm playing but we don't know how a healthy Pitta would have helped the offense early on. A third down conversion here a redzone TD there and we're a shoe in for the play offs.

I think we are getting lost in the moment.

Assume the worst and we go 8-8 and miss the playoffs. That's really in line with what a lot of us were saying at the beginning of the season. That's a year after the Super Bowl when we lost a ton of players. It's hard in the salary cap era to stay competitive the year after winning the big game. 8-8 is still a decent record, considering the fact that we replaced our LT mid season, suffered injuries to Jacoby, Pitta, and a Pro-Bowl caliber guard in KO. Considering also that Rice is injured and slowed down and we lost Boldin... I'm not surprised our offense is sputtering. The first half of the season we had Torrey and a bunch of rookies for our receivers.

Stuff happens. Just because we got blown out to NE doesn't mean we need an overhaul. Blow outs happen. Happened last year. Happened to the Jets one year and they went back and beat NE in the post season later on.

Let's be grateful that we're complaining about missing the playoffs for the first time in 6 years. Get real guys.

Quote Originally Posted by jjmccraven View Post
    You're correct and I didn't go overboard. It's called thinking out of the box and in this situation its needed, but shhhhhhh don't tell all the stupid homers this ,who have drank the cool-aid ,or they will think you're a Steeler troll or something on the side of Satan himself.
    All the various posters on this board engaging in ad hominem attacks are doing is exhibiting a natural human tendency displayed since time immemorial. That is, if you don't like the message, attack the messenger. I even had someone recently actually send me a private message asking me to stop being a troll concerning a critical thread I started about Joe. I almost spit out my Sam Adams when I read it. I think it's a good post JC. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by KbubbaK View Post
    All the various posters on this board engaging in ad hominem attacks are doing is exhibiting a natural human tendency displayed since time immemorial. That is, if you don't like the message, attack the messenger. I even had someone recently actually send me a private message asking me to stop being a troll concerning a critical thread I started about Joe. I almost spit out my Sam Adams when I read it. I think it's a good post JC. Keep up the good work.
    The troll backs up a troll.

I've seen enough.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The troll backs up a troll.

I've seen enough.
    "Houston, we have a problem" ... Bc

iggyman555 Guest

i dont think Oz needs to go. however i would like to see new scouts for WR and OL and get rid of our WR coaches....that should be a good start and see how things go the next few years