Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: Worst salary caps? Cowboys, Saints, Steelers lead way

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Every year I see these "steelers are in cap hell" threads and every year they figure it out. I don't see why this year will be any different. They have smart football guys like the rest of the league
    They figure it out, but they continue to create messes to deal with down the road as well.

Polamalu has cap hits of 8 mil dollars in the next two years of his deal. If he declines in production, that's going to be pretty painful. Basically, they are making moves to hold a team together, not to rebuild with youth.

That said, they are feeling the pain points of this stuff now. Emmanuel Sanders is all but gone, they have no shot of bringing him back. They lost Mike Wallace last year, and while they managed to have a decent offense last year, they also sure missed his presence.

They just restructured Antonio Brown to add 4.5 mil in cap space. That gives them room for rookie pool and/or ERFA/RFA tenders. They are going to need to get a long term deal with Worlids to really help the cap out. That and releasing Ike Taylor are the remaining big moves.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: Worst salary caps? Cowboys, Saints, Steelers lead way

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Every year I see these "steelers are in cap hell" threads and every year they figure it out. I don't see why this year will be any different. They have smart football guys like the rest of the league
    The steelers are always hopeful that the team will make post season every year. So far that hasn't happened these last 2 years. BR is great at what he does and with some luck, they could make post season this year. Their ability to escape cap hell has been happening for the last several years. They need to win this year to justify their ways. Rooney's are patient, but typical fans may not be. Have to wonder how long BR lasts and when the steelers start to rebuild, starting with a new QB. Like the ravens, steeler have lots of issues to deal with, fortunately they were winning the last part of their schedule and were coming together. Have to wait to see who leaves and who the steelers acquire this off season.