Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Sure his stats suck, but remember, Joe's a winner.

Sure glad that Flacco got the money due to him, with that OL, he is going to get hurt more then he already is. It's terrible watching Oher act like McKinnie out there. Flacco will need a better OL around him in order to succeed. Defense held there own for a long time. Any of you armchair coaches think you could play better then Flacco, with the injury Flacco has, call the Ravens FO.

Blog Entries

I got this tidbit from the ESPN.com recap:

Joe Flacco was 0-3 passing with an interception on throws 15+ yards downfield in 1st half. This Season he has 3 TD and 8 Int on such throws after 11 TD and 2 Int last season.
    This vanilla offense the Ravens run needs Flacco to be accurate on the deep ball, which is actually his strength. Except this year. For whatever reason (it was probably bad protection by the O line), he couldn't replicate it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Any of you armchair coaches think you could play better then Flacco, with the injury Flacco has, call the Ravens FO.
    What was his excuse for the majority of the season prior to his injury 5 quarters ago? He's just not good this year. Lots of teams have shit lines and injuries so spare me. He's getting paid like a top 3 QB and playing like Mark Sanchez. These days I can barely keep a straight face when I try to defend his play to friends and co-workers.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Any of you armchair coaches think you could play better then Flacco, with the injury Flacco has, call the Ravens FO.
    This is a terrible argument. None of us are starting NFL QBs whose entire job is to do just that.

Blog Entries

Sure his stats suck, but remember, Joe's a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by NJRaven View Post
    What was his excuse for the majority of the season prior to his injury 5 quarters ago? He's just not good this year. Lots of teams have shit lines and injuries so spare me. He's getting paid like a top 3 QB and playing like Mark Sanchez. These days I can barely keep a straight face when I try to defend his play to friends and co-workers.
    Flacco has been sacked 44 times this season after last night, which is the 4th most behind the Jets, Dolphins and Jaguars. This isn't even taking into consideration hurries, pressures and hits. In addition, the Ravens have the third fewest rushing yards and they are dead last in yards per carry. The other teams down there with them have below "500" records.

So tell us again how crap OL play doesn't impact the play of the QB and the ability of the total offense to produce points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Originally Posted by NJRaven

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Flacco has been sacked 44 times this season after last night, which is the 4th most behind the Jets, Dolphins and Jaguars. This isn't even taking into consideration hurries, pressures and hits. In addition, the Ravens have the third fewest rushing yards and they are dead last in yards per carry. The other teams down there with them have below "500" records.

So tell us again how crap OL play doesn't impact the play of the QB and the ability of the total offense to produce points.

^ this NJ Where do you think we'd be without Flacco? Forget the past I'm talking about this year. You want a peak see the last 2 mins last night with T. Taylor. This is probably not going to be popular, but the Ravens need to be a pass 1st team & up tempo especially with Pitta back that's when Flacco's at his best.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raving Sports Fan View Post
    Originally Posted by NJRaven

^ this NJ Where do you think we'd be without Flacco? Forget the past I'm talking about this year. You want a peak see the last 2 mins last night with T. Taylor. This is probably not going to be popular, but the Ravens need to be a pass 1st team & up tempo especially with Pitta back that's when Flacco's at his best.
    I agree. The thing that amplifies the poor play from the offense of line is the fact that the majority of our route tree is designed for really good pass protection. Even the commentators last night were noting how long it took for ravens receivers to get open.

Blog Entries

For those who don't want Flacco, who would you want next year? Vick? Cutler? Freeman? Cassel? McCown? Start a rookie? Any of those sound like winning options. Not all those guys will be cheap either. If you did go cheap and signed Matt Cassel and paid huge money for Brandon Albert and Hakeem Nicks, do you really believe that the Ravens offense would be better? I just don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I agree. The thing that amplifies the poor play from the offense of line is the fact that the majority of our route tree is designed for really good pass protection. Even the commentators last night were noting how long it took for ravens receivers to get open.

I haven't watched the game yet. But I caught some of Rob Long on the way home & on the way to dinner. He brought the same thing up. They coaching staff seem confused about what they want to run offensively. I don't like Rice being out for whole series at at time. Rice may stink this year but he can catch. With Rice Smith Jones & Pitta & Marlon Brown they should be able to find a way to get people open more often, then trying to hit 9 routes all the time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    For those who don't want Flacco, who would you want next year? Vick? Cutler? Freeman? Cassel? McCown? Start a rookie? Any of those sound like winning options. Not all those guys will be cheap either. If you did go cheap and signed Matt Cassel and paid huge money for Brandon Albert and Hakeem Nicks, do you really believe that the Ravens offense would be better? I just don't see it.
    The offense is only as good as the design by which they function.

Regardless of whether or not Caldwell can get it done, he hasn't and the offensive philosophy that they are employing (Cam's) just doesn't work on a week-to-week basis.

When you run deep, long developing routes; your OL better be damn good. Our's isn't. One way they could counter that is by having an incredible rushing attack; ours is dead last.

No run = no play action.
    No play action = very little circumstances where there is broken coverage deep down the field.
    No OL protection = Flacco has to scramble and get hit waiting to make a throw down the field.

The entire system is predicated on good to great OL play and when Flacco has it, he is really good. When he doesn't, he is really average. This can be said of most QBs, but my point is that the overall play designs are still being run as if the Ravens have an excellent offensive line and a good rushing attack.

OL/RB/WR problems or not...if flacco plays like this next year and isn't willing to restructure for the years when his cap number is up around 18 mil per season...we will need another qb

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt CouchPotato View Post
    OL/RB/WR problems or not...if flacco plays like this next year and isn't willing to restructure for the years when his cap number is up around 18 mil per season...we will need another qb
    Wow. You sure put a lot thought into that one.