Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: The OFFICIAL Ravens - Patriots Game Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I think the Ravens win in a close game. The Ravens seem to play to the level of their competition, which means that almost every game is close no matter who the opponent is.
    This.

16-13 Baltimore

Two first and goal situations turn into FGs.

I can't make any predictions.

I will say last night I dreamt that the Ravens lost in heartbreaking fashion, with Joe throwing a massive Hail Mary as time expired just out of the hands of Jacoby.

But my dreams mean little. Last year before the AFC Championship I dreamt the Ravens won it on a safety.

Don Banks (Sports Illustrated) pix us 24-23.

"They're doing it again, those plucky, resilient Ravens. I'm not sure why any of us ever count them out of the playoff picture, because all they do is make us look like lemmings every time we disbelieve. Baltimore is playing its best ball of the season right now, and it's one of the few teams that to a degree seem to have New England's number. This will be the fourth meeting between the Patriots and Ravens since January 2012, with Baltimore winning the last two games and coming a Lee Evans reception away from taking all three."

R*E*S*P*E*C*T!!!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...timore-ravens/
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

Here's a sure prediction :
    I will knock off 1/2 bottle of Jack Daniels during the 2nd half, as I usually do during Ravens nail-biting, heart-pounding, profuse sweating games... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    Don Banks (Sports Illustrated) pix us 24-23.

"They're doing it again, those plucky, resilient Ravens. I'm not sure why any of us ever count them out of the playoff picture, because all they do is make us look like lemmings every time we disbelieve. Baltimore is playing its best ball of the season right now, and it's one of the few teams that to a degree seem to have New England's number. This will be the fourth meeting between the Patriots and Ravens since January 2012, with Baltimore winning the last two games and coming a Lee Evans reception away from taking all three."

R*E*S*P*E*C*T!!!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...timore-ravens/
    Nice!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Several things concern me about this game, the first of which, Flacco is not going to be 100%. In addition, the Pats rarely lose consecutive games (although they did last year and we beat them in a similar scenario) and we rarely function well in the role of the favorite.

Blog Entries

I think the only real advantage for Baltimore this game is they're at M&T.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think the only real advantage for Baltimore this game is they're at M&T.
    Are you sure about that? I think we match up really well with offenses like this, you can rarely pick apart this defense at the bank by dink and dunking them. I think this is a very favorable match up for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Several things concern me about this game, the first of which, Flacco is not going to be 100%. In addition, the Pats rarely lose consecutive games (although they did last year and we beat them in a similar scenario) and we rarely function well in the role of the favorite.
    I heard a stat that mentioned the Pats have not lost back to back games in December in 11 years. Wow.
    Either way the Pats will be a tough out even at the bank.

The Ravens are the better team at this point and if they can't beat the Patriots at home, they don't deserve a playoff spot.

It is time....correction...it is WAY past time for this offense to grow up, own up, and pull its fair share of the load (the last 2:00 minutes of the Viking game not-with-standing).

It is time for the defense to dominate and get back to forcing game-changing plays.

I like the match-ups across the board on this one.

Ravens fans get to do something that has been non-existent over the last 3 months: Put their feet up and relax at the end of the game.

I'm all in.

Ravens 38
    Patriots 17

Ravens win, 26-20. I can't see Brady consistently driving down the field against our defense at M & T Bank. I think our defenses gets a couple turnovers, and the offenses does just enough to get a "comfortable" victory.

As a side note, I'm not reading too much into the Vikings game. Even though it was at M & T, the snow on the field played a huge factor for both teams, particularly on defense.

I love how most on here are picking the Ravens to blow out the Pats. I love the confidence and I see the potential, but I can't pick the Ravens blowing anyone out at this point. lol It will be another close one that can go either way, but the home field advantage should work in our favor.

Ravens 24
    Pats 17