Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Re: The OFFICIAL Ravens - Patriots Game Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    ...and the Ravens winning the game, after seeing that Minnesota also beat the Bengals, will be the only thing that keeps me from falling out of the upper deck.
    I'm kindasorta halfway rooting for the Kitties in that one, if only so both teams have a decent shot at the postseason (for the benefit of our good buddy CincyCat).

Presuming the Ravens beat the Pats, how the Bengals fare vs the Vikes is almost immaterial: Whoever wins in Cincy is the AFC North champion regardless--if both teams finish 10-6, Baltimore holds a head to head sweep. But then Cincy would take the #6 seed unless the Fins won out.

The only effect of a Cincinnati loss to Minnesota is to shift "draw odds" from the Bengals to the Ravens: If the Week 17 donnybrook winds up tied & both teams finish 9-6-1, Baltimore wins the AFC North. Whereas if the Bengals come in already at 10 wins, a tie gives them the AFC North.

(The other marginally interesting thing is that if Miami manages to lose one more game, Cincy at 9-6-1 would get the #6 seed even though they lost to the Fins.)

Not that I expect a tie, but the import of the standings could make for some interesting strategy should both teams be at 9-6 & the game go into overtime...with the Jets-Fins game likely concluding sometime near when the OT period begins...
    Last edited by lobachevsky; 12-18-2013 at 08:35 PM.