Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: #3 Seed a Real Possibility

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Carcetti View Post
    Am I correct that if both the Chargers and Dolphins lose next week, we're in regardless of what happens with the Patriots? Or do the Chargers still hold the tiebreaker with us?
    If both the Chargers and Dolphins lose next week, the Ravens would still need to win one of the two remaining games to get in. Wouldn't matter which one (as long as we're talking about just getting in).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    i would put odds of that at 10%-20%....thus not real possibility
    So in other words, you have no idea why, it's "just your opinion." I will give that the credence I believe it deserves: none.

ETA: "It's not real possibility because it's not a real possibility"-- Click over to tautology & get back to us, mmm?
    Last edited by lobachevsky; 12-17-2013 at 01:03 PM.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    So in other words, you have no idea why, it's "just your opinion." I will give that the credence I believe it deserves: none.

ETA: "It's not real possibility because it's not a real possibility"-- Click over to tautology & get back to us, mmm?
    i dont know what youre babbling about this morning but like i said the odds are less than 50-50 for all 3 to happen, so it is not a real possibility

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    like i said the odds are less than 50-50 for all 3 to happen, so it is not a real possibility
    So if someone said there's a 40% chance, or even a 49% chance, of any given event happening, you wouldn't think it was a "real possibility"? Huh?

Well, if people want to get into long odds, if NE loses their last two games (unlikely vs Bills, but who knows), Ravens win out, Bengals lose in week 17, KC beats Indy and Miami loses at least one more game, the Ravens get the second seed and a bye.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffs...08&16=11051051
    Last edited by saintmatthew; 12-17-2013 at 02:10 PM. Reason: added link

Better yet, in that scenario, we have the possibility of NE going on to play in Denver while we get the Colts at home again.

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Well, if people want to get into long odds, if NE loses their last two games (unlikely vs Bills, but who knows), Ravens win out, Bengals lose in week 17, KC beats Indy and Miami loses at least one more game, the Ravens get the second seed and a bye.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffs...08&16=11051051
    Now those really are some long odds, hence why I didn't bring up that "possibility".

Getting the #3 seed is certainly not super likely, but in my opinion is nowhere near as long a shot as some are making it out to be.

It's remarkable to even sniff the possibilities of being a higher seed then 6. I wouldn't care of we get in as 6. But a higher seed is lovely for the work this team is putting in. The faith and fight this team has, I sure hope it is repayed with a home playoff game and anything else would be iceing on cake for the tough road and year it has been. Keep working Ravens, something real special is coming for them if they win out.

Losing is not a option!!!
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest

This guy says it's not a real possibility like he didn't just see us score 3 game winning TDs in 2 minutes and then hit a game winning 1 yard field goal.

This is how I feel right now:

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    If Miami, Baltimore & San Diego lose next week, Fins & Crows are 8-7 and Bolts 7-8. If MIA & BAL lost the next week to finish 8-8 & SD also finished 8-8, the Fins would advance on better AFC record. Not to mention that it might allow the Yinzers to sneak back in--at 8-8 they would hold tiebreakers over the Ravens & eliminate them before things got out of the AFCN,

However, if Miami & San Diego were to lose next week while Baltimore beat New England, that would clinch at least the #6 seed for the Ravens--only Fins could also reach 9-7 & the Crows hold head to head.
    According to Yahoo Playoff Generator, if all three teams lose to get 8-8 (phins lose 2, bolts lose 1, ravens lose 2), Ravens are in, assuming Steelers aren't 8-8.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmore finest View Post
    It's remarkable to even sniff the possibilities of being a higher seed then 6. I wouldn't care of we get in as 6. But a higher seed is lovely for the work this team is putting in. The faith and fight this team has, I sure hope it is repayed with a home playoff game and anything else would be iceing on cake for the tough road and year it has been. Keep working Ravens, something real special is coming for them if they win out.

Losing is not a option!!!
    If the Ravens are to make the play offs, it will more likely be as divisional winners, not as a WC team.