Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Jimmy Smith plays like a super Raven

LOVED seeing Jimmy Smith knock the crap out of old Megatron last night. This man is what Raven hitting is all about. I also loved seeing all the sad discussed looks on all the sports announcers faces - except for Ray Ray- too. They all hate the Ravens ,and I love seeing us put a thumb in their eyes!!! GO RAVENS!

Re: Jimmy Smith plays like a super Raven

Jimmy may have played the best game ever for Ravens CB. Megatron may have gotten some yards but he left the game shaken up twice.

Jimmy Smith = Optimus Prime
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Shutdown! Can't imagine there's a corner playing any better right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Raving Sports Fan View Post
    Jimmy may have played the best game ever for Ravens CB. Megatron may have gotten some yards but he left the game shaken up twice.
    Smith has played incredibly well this year, but I think you may have forgotten the stretch that McAlister had back in 2003. He looked like Smith did tonight for about half a season's worth of consecutive games.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Smith has played incredibly well this year, but I think you may have forgotten the stretch that McAlister had back in 2003. He looked like Smith did tonight for about half a season's worth of consecutive games.
    I thought about Chris but I don't think he ever played such a good WR like megatron, that was ever shut down like that in a prime time game like tonight. Plus C-Mac had safety's like Ed Reed playing behind him. I'm just saying if that was Revis ESPN would be frothing at the mouth

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Smith the 1st round pick has arrived this season! Elam may not be far behind him.

Note to NFL: when drafting late in the first round, consider defensive backs

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raving Sports Fan View Post
    Smith is looking like the #1 draft choice Ozzie thought he'd be. That said, Megatron did drop two easy passes that would have gone for substancial yardage. He also (thankfully) dropped the 2 point conversion pass... Bc

Jimmy is coming into very fine form.
    The numbers below point to a team effort, but continuing from what I posted yesterday...

For the last five #1 WRs faced (since AJ Green)

CHI Marshall - 4/42 0 TDs 40% catch rate (60% career catch rate)
    NYJ Holmes - 1/12 0 TDs 25% catch rate (53% career catch rate)
    PIT Brown - 5/59 0 TDs 62.5% catch rate (64% career catch rate)
    MIN Jennings - 5/53 0 TDs 50% catch rate (58% career catch rate)
    DET Johnson - 6/89 0 TDs 43% catch rate (55% career catch rate)

For those who don't know, our DBs coach is Teryl Austin.
    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/team/...c-5d203987c95e
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

I'm really happy everything is finally starting to click for him. I am also happy pees is finally let him play to his strength and press at the line

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Smith is looking like the #1 draft choice Ozzie thought he'd be. That said, Megatron did drop two easy passes that would have gone for substancial yardage. He also (thankfully) dropped the 2 point conversion pass... Bc
    Both of those drops were with Grahame in coverage, not Smith....

iggyman555 Guest

Jimmy Smith shadowed Calvin Johnson whenever he lined up outside on Monday night.
    The Ravens typically just play sides with their corners, but they installed a new strategy to face Megatron. Smith, the No. 27 overall pick in 2011, played a very strong game. Johnson dropped two wide-open passes and finished with six catches for 98 yards, but Smith was step-for-step with him on a majority of the plays. It's a notch in the belt for a guy that had already graded out as a top-25 corner in Pro Football Focus' rankings coming into Week 15.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6558