Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Southern PA TV viewers will not get Ravens game

Just read this on the Crazy Newshound forum:

Sunday's TV picture bleak for local fans of Ravens, Steelers
    By STEVE HEISER The York Dispatch
    Article Last Updated: 09/20/2007 07:01:58 AM EDT

Many Baltimore Ravens and Pittsburgh Steelers fans in York County likely won't be very happy on Sunday.

That's because they may not be able to watch the games involving their favorite NFL teams from the comfort of their own homes.

The Ravens, Steelers and Philadelphia Eagles are all playing at 1 p.m. on Sunday and all three games will be telecast by Fox.

The only Fox affiliate available to local Comcast subscribers is WPMT Fox 43. WPMT will show the Eagles' game against the Detroit Lions at 1 p.m. on Sunday.
    That means the Ravens' Sunday home game against the Arizona Cardinals and the Steelers' Sunday home game against the San Francisco 49ers won't be available to local Comcast customers. Comcast is the dominant cable provider in York County.

http://www.yorkdispatch.com/sports/ci_6946799
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Re: Southern PA TV viewers will not get Ravens game

Comcrap is the ONLY cable provideer in York County. I saw last night that this game wasn't going to be on TV when I was going thru the guide so I could set up the DVR. I won't miss anything since I'll be there, but that really sucks. There are thousands of Ravens fans in the Central PA region. Everytime the Ravens are on FOX & the Eagles are playing the same time, this crap happens. The funny thing is the FOX station is located in York, not Harrisburg. But they have the NFC package so they are the "Eagles station". They're not go to dump the Eagles for the Ravens. We get 2 channels each of the NBC, CBS, & ABC affiliates (Baltimore & Harrisburg markets), but only 1 FOX (Harrisburg). I don't know why WBFF isn't on our system too. Of course, what should I expect from Comcrap considering they still don't even offer the NFL Network on our cable system!!!

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

A really good Antenna should remedy the WBFF Lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by CrowMST3k View Post
    A really good Antenna should remedy the WBFF Lacking.
    I concur.

I get full HD signal from Baltimore in Stewartstown.
    Unfortunately, I have read that the Cardinals-Ravens game is not going to be broadcast in HD.

http://www.hdsportsguide.com/nfl.php

BTW, it's about time the Steelers got pre-empted from Southern York County. After all, there are 5 teams that play their home games closer to York County than Pittsburgh (Baltimore, Washington, Philadelphia, NY Jets, and NY Giants).

MDExile in Stewartstown, PA

Quote Originally Posted by MDExile View Post
    Unfortunately, I have read that the Cardinals-Ravens game is not going to be broadcast in HD.

That would be a logixcal conclusion from that link, but I had thought that every Fox broadcast was in high definition.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    That would be a logixcal conclusion from that link, but I had thought that every Fox broadcast was in high definition.
    I did too, and I know I looked at that link earlier in the week and it had the Card/Ravens game listed in HD. Maybe they changed at the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Nope,

While FOX has broadcast more HD games in the past than CBS, they still do not have full coverage. Typically, Baltimore gets the Redskins game and the featured game for the double header. Naturally, the featured game will be in HD, and the Redskins get HD because they are the Redskins.

The HD SportsGuide site previously mentioned has been accurate over the past year and a half.

CBS typically announces their HD games with only two weeks notice. Just to burst everyone's bubbles, Baltimore at Cleveland on September 30 is NOT an HD game for CBS.

8. Re: Southern PA TV viewers will not get Ravens game

I live in the Stewartstown area and I have Clearview Cable(The Sucky Company) and I get all Harrisburgh and Baltimore Channels. Check to see if your friends have Clearview, if your in Stewartstown many do.

BTW, it's about time the Steelers got pre-empted from Southern York County. After all, there are 5 teams that play their home games closer to York County than Pittsburgh (Baltimore, Washington, Philadelphia, NY Jets, and NY Giants).

My brother lives in New Holland (east of Lancaster) and he only gets the Ravens games if the Stealers aren't on at the same time. The Ravens have claimed Lancaster county as their territory (Stealers never did, supposedly) but the local station has a bunch of stealer fans there and the Ravens get preempted for them. My brother calls up and bitches a lot.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by BMoreInJungle View Post
    I live in the Stewartstown area and I have Clearview Cable(The Sucky Company) and I get all Harrisburgh and Baltimore Channels. Check to see if your friends have Clearview, if your in Stewartstown many do.
    Sorry to hear that you are still on Clearview.
    We had them for the first 3 years we were in Stewartstown because they were the only broadband access in town.

As soon as Verizon brought DSL to the neighborhood, we switched to that and DirecTV and dumped Clearview. We get Harrisburg and Lancaster in HD through DirecTV, and the Baltimore stations over-the-air (OTA).

WBFF usually has the strongest OTA signal. Even the analog signal is clear most days.

11. Re: Southern PA TV viewers will not get Ravens game

I just moved to southern york county just over the border (new freedom) and was under the impression york county was ravens territory per nfl broadcast rules. Last year every game was on tv i think. I have season tickets so the home games dont matter to me, but if they are on the road and not on tv ill have to get an HDTV antenna on the roof to get the Baltimore stations!

I think our comcast in york county doesnt carry the fox 45 baltimore cuz its owned by sinclair. That is the company that charges cable companies for their free signal. there was a big uproar about it a year or so ago when sinclair was going to pull their signal from comcast if they didnt pay, comcast eventually agreed to pay it, but probably only in the baltimore area. I think sinclair did the same thing around a super bowl game a few years ago too.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

I concur.

I get full HD signal from Baltimore in Stewartstown.

OK guys, what type of antenna? can I get one that goes in the house our do I have to install it outside? I do all my watching on the big screen in the basement, so will an internal work?

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!