View Poll Results: Where would you LEAST like the Ravens to have to travel in the playoffs?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cincinnati

4 8.16%
  • Denver

35 71.43%
  • Indianapolis

1 2.04%
  • Kansas City

9 18.37%
  • New England

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Who scares you the most?

If we do end up getting into the playoffs as a 6 seed, there are 5 AFC places we could visit on our route to the Meadowlands. Who scares you the most? My ranking, from least to most threatening:

5: Indianapolis This is the only one on the list that I think we are simply better than. If we played them 10 times, we'd win 8. Indy doesn't scare me as a venue.

4: Cincinnati They are a very good team this year, but we are familiar with them. It largely depends on which Dalton shows up, but until they prove they can perform in the postseason, I'm not believing in them.

3: New England We match up well against them. Clearly we won't be intimidated, and I think they are not nearly as good a team this year as they were last year. They will run out of miracles sooner or later.

2: Kansas City Should we be scared of KC? We barely beat them last year. They have the best defense in the field. KC is a notoriously tough place to play, and they are just the kind of team that can win an ugly game like the Ravens tend to play.

1: Denver Yeah, we beat them last year. Yeah, Peyton is no good in the elements or in the playoffs. Not buying it. A large part of the opening day win for them was payback. Magnify that times 20 if we are the ones standing between them and the Super Bowl. The crowd, the altitude, the intangibles, and the receiving corps makes this the place I least want to go.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Re: Who scares you the most?

Kansas City

Hrmph.
    No one on this list scares me at all.
    Each of them has a reason play tight except Indy. I'm not terribly concerned about their talent though.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Let's get to the postseason first. That isn't a sure thing right now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    If we do end up getting into the playoffs as a 6 seed, there are 5 AFC places we could visit on our route to the Meadowlands. Who scares you the most? My ranking, from least to most threatening:

5: Indianapolis This is the only one on the list that I think we are simply better than. If we played them 10 times, we'd win 8. Indy doesn't scare me as a venue.

4: Cincinnati They are a very good team this year, but we are familiar with them. It largely depends on which Dalton shows up, but until they prove they can perform in the postseason, I'm not believing in them.

3: New England We match up well against them. Clearly we won't be intimidated, and I think they are not nearly as good a team this year as they were last year. They will run out of miracles sooner or later.

2: Kansas City Should we be scared of KC? We barely beat them last year. They have the best defense in the field. KC is a notoriously tough place to play, and they are just the kind of team that can win an ugly game like the Ravens tend to play.

1: Denver Yeah, we beat them last year. Yeah, Peyton is no good in the elements or in the playoffs. Not buying it. A large part of the opening day win for them was payback. Magnify that times 20 if we are the ones standing between them and the Super Bowl. The crowd, the altitude, the intangibles, and the receiving corps makes this the place I least want to go.
    Flip Cincy and NE and I agree. I think were familiar with both, but with NE losing some key pieces and Cincy, imo, just being the better team at this point id rather take on NE.
    -JAB

Only Denver on that list.. They feel like we stole something from them last year.. they will pull out all the stops to beat us if necessary.

Blog Entries

It's Denver and nobody else is even close. They've had little issue playing with and beating the Patriots with Flacco here, and the other three teams are no threat at all. Not even worth considering them IMO because the Ravens would/will dismantle any of the three if they get in.

Yeah, they beat the Broncos/Manning last year, but that doesn't erase a decade of dominance from Peyton over this franchise. Could they beat them? Of course, I just would like to push that off until the Championship round, if possible. Put all the pressure on Manning and none on the 6th seed Ravens.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Not afraid of the Broncos, Patriots, Bengals, etc...but am in constant fear my sister-in-law will ring the doorbell. "Happy Holidays Bc! Got any extra bucks for a poor relative at this giving season? I do need [add a long list of expensive presents here] or I'll be so sad that I'll have to ask your wife if I can use your spare bedroom for a week or two." Please tell me any of you guys have a bigger dread than me... Bc

Blog Entries

The Ravens scare me the most. They're pretty good at beating themselves.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

I put KC. They're the only defense that I think could potentially keep us off the scoreboard. I think our offense could have some decent success (enough to keep us in the game) against everyone else

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Only Denver on that list.. They feel like we stole something from them last year.. they will pull out all the stops to beat us if necessary.
    That just means Peyton is even more likely to choke.

I agree that Denver is the dominate AFC team at this moment.
    We beat them in the playoffs last year for multiple reasons.
    Ray and Ed with their experience and knack for the big stop over the years was in Peyton's, as well as, Brady's head. They stayed out of the middle of the field most of our games due to them.
    And the knowledge that Pollard might knock some of them out, added to that.
    All 3 are gone. That experience and hard hitting is not there. And the middle of the field is open.

That intimidation factor is now missing from the Raven defense...even though it is now faster and younger.
    Experienced quarterbacks know how to manipulate young defensive players and that is the big factor facing the Ravens defense.
    Offensively, we are not as strong as the 2012 unit, either on the ground or in the air.
    I am not really scared of anyone, I am looking for our Ravens to go give it a great shot.
    That's it. Our Ravens this year, are a new group looking to make their own mark and to become strong again.
    They have nothing to lose and all the pressure should be on every opponent.