Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2014 Salary Cap Announced - Impact on Ravens

A a short but good read by our very own capologist:)
    He estimates the ravens to be $14M under the cap but that's with only 37 players under contract. Still not a lot of wiggle room.

http://russellstreetreport.com/nfl-d...14-salary-cap/

Blog Entries

Re: 2014 Salary Cap Announced - Impact on Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    A a short but good read by our very own capologist:)
    He estimates the ravens to be $14M under the cap but that's with only 37 players under contract. Still not a lot of wiggle room.

http://russellstreetreport.com/nfl-d...14-salary-cap/
    Not a lot, but that extra $3 mill or so will go a long way.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

They could add my sister-in-law to the salary cap and it wouldn't affect it a penny... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Not a lot, but that extra $3 mill or so will go a long way.
    I really hope the ravens can sign Monroe to a long term contract. We need to everything we can to avoid using the franchise tag.

Maybe this off season is the one to dump salaries, maybe Suggs, Rice and Ngata even though Ngata we don't save much of anything but we save a lot in 2015. reload in two years. Use draft picks to build the D some more and to keep us competitive then spend some big cash after next year on the Oline. We get younger, faster and cheaper. just a thought. I can live with one down season to reload for 5 more good years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I really hope the ravens can sign Monroe to a long term contract. We need to everything we can to avoid using the franchise tag.
    I don't think Ozzie traded 4th and 5th round draft picks just to "rent" Monroe for part of the 2013 season. Oz usually has some sort of plan in place. As you posted, I really hope he has a long-term contract for Monroe in the works... Bc

Blog Entries

I still think they end up extending Suggs and probably just leaving Halotis alone. Getting Monroe done early will probably be best for everyone. He wants to be here and we want him, that usually ends up with a deal being signed. Pitta is the wild card. Its obvious hes a huge part of this offense but how much is he really worth? He could try to hold us to the fire a little but we could also benefit from his friendship with joe. Let him go gather offers and match as im sure hed rather stay here with him than go elsewhere. Whos going to be spending big for a 29 year old TE coming off hip surgery? I dont think anybody will value him more than us really.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I don't see Pitta getting a huge deal at all.

He is a good player, but he's not anywhere nearly as good as the top TE's in the NFL. Part of that is the offensive scheme, but the other part is he just isn't as gifted, physically, as guys like Vernon Davis, Gronk, Jimmy Graham and others.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    They could add my sister-in-law to the salary cap and it wouldn't affect it a penny... Bc
    What she be serviceable on the O-line?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    What she be serviceable on the O-line?
    The ZEROline... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don't see Pitta getting a huge deal at all.

He is a good player, but he's not anywhere nearly as good as the top TE's in the NFL. Part of that is the offensive scheme, but the other part is he just isn't as gifted, physically, as guys like Vernon Davis, Gronk, Jimmy Graham and others.
    People would have said the same thing about Kruger before he went on a tear. If Pitta goes on a similar run for the rest of the season and into the post season I could see him demanding a decent chunk of change.

That said, his relationship with Joe might make him more affordable for the Ravens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    People would have said the same thing about Kruger before he went on a tear...
    Kruger was moved into the right spot (OLB), was healthy, and had his best year. Pitta is coming off a major injury, and has a special relationship with Flacco. I don't see another team giving Pitta a Kruger-like contract... Bc