Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: OT: Auburn v.s. Bama

As a huge Auburn fan these last two games have been unreal. Twice I've gotten to run around my house screaming like a moron and I couldn't have picked the two teams for it to happen against any better myself.

The McCallister INT didn't come to mind, unfortunately, but for what it's worth there was a pretty good hit towards the end of the play. It was one of Auburn's DTs against what appears to be the opposing kicker (can't tell from the replay)

Yup, it was DT Gabe Wright on the kicker. Right as the returner breaks into the clear

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    All time classic game. SEC football is so fun to watch
    The big Big Ten game yesterday wasn't too bad, either.

I was laid-up yesterday and basically was "forced" to just sit around and watch college football (something I haven't done in a long, long, time), anyway, what a great day of football...from the Ohio/Michigan game, to the Duke/NC game, to the UGA/GT game to finally, the Auburn/ALA and Mizz/TA&M games...and MD finished their ACC participation in fine still, too.

Just a thrilling afternoon and evening. At one point, I had a game on the TV, a game on the iPad, and was following several others on twitter.

PS. Immediately thought of the McAlister return after the Auburn win...once of the most thrilling plays I've ever seen live at a Ravens game.

Watching the sideline go crazy and the security guards sneaking a peek...

Loving all the fan videos they keep showing. One group is all too excited, the other all kinds of hurt.

Blog Entries

And of course, this happens...

http://deadspin.com/alabamas-kicker-...ium=socialflow

I mean, I know we all have a special place in our heart for what Cundiff did...but this poor kid, I mean this was just like a Hail Mary pass. He certainly wasn't the only guy who failed to cover the 100 yard return of the missed FG.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    And of course, this happens...

http://deadspin.com/alabamas-kicker-...ium=socialflow

I mean, I know we all have a special place in our heart for what Cundiff did...but this poor kid, I mean this was just like a Hail Mary pass. He certainly wasn't the only guy who failed to cover the 100 yard return of the missed FG.
    Those tweets are directed at the kicker who missed three FGs during the game - not the one who came up short on the 57 harder at the end. Two different kickers. The guy getting the threats wasn't on the field for the last play. In any case, the tweets are completely uncalled for and those people need to get a life. He's a 20 year old kid in college.

Blog Entries

At the end of the game I told my wife - one kid is going to be king of the state for a while, the other kid better go in hiding. That's what these games are... at least no one killed a 100 year old tree this time

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Those tweets are directed at the kicker who missed three FGs during the game - not the one who came up short on the 57 harder at the end. Two different kickers. The guy getting the threats wasn't on the field for the last play. In any case, the tweets are completely uncalled for and those people need to get a life. He's a 20 year old kid in college.
    oh ok. That's what I get for not following college football. Or closely reading the article at all.

:read (on me)
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by Shambla View Post
    That's funny!

Blog Entries

The Aggies are in the SEC West and we watched the entire game here. Saban makes tens of millions but made a 5c decision to kick the 57-yard FG. That was a terrible decision. Even if he really believed that his college kicker could make it (how many NFL kickers make 57-yard FGs on a routine basis?), it's too risky. But I have to say that Auburn is having too much luck this year. They could have lost several games this year that they won. They beat the Aggies in CS on a dropped pass by Mike Evans in the waning minutes. That was also the game that unraveled A&M's season. If the Aggies win that game, they could be in the spot Auburn is now.