Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Jimmy Smith injury?

Anyone have any news on him? Another outstanding game from him again, you'd think it was his contract year the way he's been playing.

Blog Entries

Re: Jimmy Smith injury?

Hopefully with the long break between games Jimmy comes back 100%. That was a horrible collision. I feel very bad for Bell. He was out cold. Very dangerous and scary.

Smith's play has been great. It's like somebody showed him the tapes of Chris McAlister and told him he could be that kind of player and Smith has risen up to that challenge.

Smith has been our best player this year. Tucker a fine second

Blog Entries

At one point they showed at statistic that 8-mile had been thrown at 5 times and he gave up one catch for 2 yards, probably a bubble screen. That is what I call locking down one side of the field. It got to a point where Ben didn't even look his way.

For what it is worth Harbs said after the game that he would be fine.

Blog Entries

He will probably have to go through the league's concussion protocol. Since he has 10 days to recover, vs the normal 6, better shot he's able to return vs Vikings.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

The bubble screen is what did it for Ben. Ben usually makes a killing off of that bubble screen and Jimmy just ripped through it and held it to two yards.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    He will probably have to go through the league's concussion protocol. Since he has 10 days to recover, vs the normal 6, better shot he's able to return vs Vikings.
    That's what I saw reported. Hope he comes through ok. Shaky start this season but as the season has progressed he's gotten better and better.

Blog Entries

I've been a doubter for a while, but Jimmy Smith is playing absolutely lights out right now. He's been our best DB if not our best defender period for the last few games.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Thanks, looks like of the 3 Stoke is the biggest issue.

Blog Entries

my my not too long ago peeps was calling Jimmy a disappointment, a bust so to speak, and smoove once said "don't worry Jimmy will be fine"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    my my not too long ago peeps was calling Jimmy a disappointment, a bust so to speak, and smoove once said "don't worry Jimmy will be fine"
    Don't get a big head. Many here, myself included, had faith in JS. I was glad when we drafted him, even though the Bears screwed us out of a 4th round pick, and many rookies take time to develop in the Pro game. He has progressed, and I think he will be a real stud in 2014. Unfortunately for the Ravens, that will be his 4th and "walk" season... Bc