Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: WRs ....the 2014 version

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Benjamin is thick too. He's like 6'3" 235lbs or so.

Decent speed for his size. I have him as a late second rounder right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes. Built like Julio IMO. Wins in traffic like him too.
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 12-08-2013 at 04:08 PM.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Built like Julio IMO. Wins in traffic like him too.
    I don't think he is anywhere near Julio, talent wise. Lots of upside though!

FSU actually has him listed at 6'5" 240lbs.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don't think he is anywhere near Julio, talent wise. Lots of upside though!

FSU actually has him listed at 6'5" 240lbs.

No. Not a Julio clone at all, but I think he compares on jump balls.
    He uses his frame and arms really well.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    No. Not a Julio clone at all, but I think he compares on jump balls.
    He uses his frame and arms really well.
    True

Blog Entries

If I had to guess, the Ravens would want to go in the direction of a guy who can give them what they lost in Boldin.

To me that's either Robinson or Jordan Matthews.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    If I had to guess, the Ravens would want to go in the direction of a guy who can give them what they lost in Boldin.

To me that's either Robinson or Jordan Matthews.
    I don't think they are in a position to be picky.

Take the best guy if a WR falls on the board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Btw...if you want another name for a possession type guy, Davonte Adams out of Fresno State is a good guy to look at.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Btw...if you want another name for a possession type guy, Davonte Adams out of Fresno State is a good guy to look at.

Really good route runner for a bigger receiver.

I'd be ecstatic with Adams in the 2nd round or so. Maybe a 3rd rounder?

Really good athlete too, nice size, read somewhere that on campus they measured him at a 42 inch vert and he ran a 4.48 forty.

So I'll be banging the drum pretty damn hard for Jared Abbrederis (aka Abracadabra).
    Not sure where yet.
    Probably no higher than the 3rd round.

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

I see a lot of Boldin in Matthews. He catches anything that's thrown to him, and he outmuscles corners on contested balls. I wouldn't midn him in a trade back scenario. ASJ and Matthews in the 2nd, while landing a 4th rd pick would be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I see a lot of Boldin in Matthews. He catches anything that's thrown to him, and he outmuscles corners on contested balls. I wouldn't midn him in a trade back scenario. ASJ and Matthews in the 2nd, while landing a 4th rd pick would be ideal.
    I like Matthews too...he reminds me more of Jordy Nelson though...I'd love to have him.

The guy that reminds me of Boldin in this draft is Davante Adams.

There are indeed a lot of combinations....fortunately this draft seems to likely have solid to good depth at spots we could use some help...the lines, WR and TE. Last years draft was similar in that regard.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see us take a ILB in the middle rounds as well.

Not many top free safeties though it looks like.