Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Blog Entries

Re: WRs ....the 2014 version

Quote Originally Posted by landshark52 View Post
    Interested in hearing your guys' opinions on Davante Adams. Really intriguing prospect and will probably declare with Carr moving on. Could be a second round target. A couple things I like about him is his elite body control and great YAC ability, quick twitch athlete. He's also shown the ability to make contested catches. There are some concerns though. Really didn't face much competition at all and had a great QB throwing in the ball. I feel like he could be smaller than his listed measurements and I he can be lackadaisical on the field.
    Agree about the height question -- the Combine will tell all but he doesn't look 6'2" or whatever they say he is.

And yeah, he might get a little bored in this offense. Then again they say he's a good perimeter blocker, and that would be a nice plus for us.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Agree about the height question --
    Man, be sensitive to we who are vertically challenged. They still measure me for rides at Disneyworld... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    He just looks like a feisty guy...Danny Amendola'ish...

He destroyed Bradley Roby when Wisconsin played OSU and Roby was looked at as a top 15 potential pick at the start of the season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    He's a lot faster and taller than Amendola, whereas Amendola is really strong in short routes and making hard catches in tight spaces, which I don't think is where Abbrederis' strengths lie.

Abbrederis seems to me more in the mold of Jacoby Jones if you ask me -- 6'2" and elusive. He's quick at identifying seams on returns before or as they develop (like JJ), and appears to just get vacuumed right through them - almost no delay between seeing the hole and zooming through it. Abbrederis - I have read - "does not have a super 40 time" and "lacks elite speed" but yet .... its funny how every time I see him play he's blowing the top off somebody's Parade All American secondary or taking a punt to the house.

To me he looks like a legit burner on the outside. Maybe the second 20 yards is blazing but the first 20 aren't, or something and thats' why his 40 is where it is. It'll be interesting to watch him run at the Combine for sure and see why his 40 time is reported to be slower than what he looks like at game speed. Because he sure looks fast as all get out once he hits full stride. I can't remember anyone catching him in the open field.

I like him, and if JJ walks, to me he'd be as good a choice as a replacement as any. Especially if he falls into the third round where I think he'd be a great value.