Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: 2013 AFC North Champions -- Your Baltimore Ravens??!?!

no reason Ravens can't win Thursday night. Vikes game should be no problem.
    there's a chance we get Pitta back. instant upgrade.
    remember, everybody in Nashville / Miami / Pittsburgh etc is scratching their head and wondering what chance they have.
    Chargers might be the one too look out for.
    if we fall short, we have only ourselves to blame...and we draft better and come back next year with an easier schedule.

I saw some Ray-Ray clips and during blowout losses he'd tell the troops 'hey, let's just have some fun out there'. after da Bears loss that's me. I'm just enjoying whatever ride and looking to next year.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Why? I think it's far from a given that either Pitt or Cincy will finish above .500. Look at their schedules. Which games are you marking in the definite win column?

Cincy: @SD, Indy, @Pit, Min, Bal. Minnesota is the only gimme there. You don't think they could finish that schedule 1-4? They've lost two of their last three. Even if they finish 9-7, if we end up tied with them, we win the tie breaker if we win that last game at their place.

Pitt: @Bal, Mia, Cin, @GB, Cle. Miami and Cleveland at home may be gimmes. Where are they getting the other two wins from?

I agree with Loba's summary point. We have to win Thursday and on the last day of the season. And that is not likely. But it is a long way from impossible. However, if we *do* win those two, our odds of then being the division champs are pretty good.

I will say this: win Thursday and the odds are very good that the the last game of the season means something. And we most likely control our own destiny at that point.

More than that, the Ravens can't fall behind the Steelers considering Pittsburgh's soft remaining schedule. After Thursday, the Steelers play three of their final four games at home and face one team with a winning record (the Cincinnati Bengals). Basically, the Ravens need to beat the Steelers because Pittsburgh may not lose again.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    The light can go on (or off) for a player or a team at any time. Think back no further than last season--at this point the Crows were 9-2 & coasting toward a first round bye, & then all the wheels came off. By the morning of the Giants game most of us were resigned to the continuation of an epic collapse...& the rest is history.
    One bright spot is that we all knew going in that that this figured to be a much better team in December than in September. You can't have as much turnover as we did -- especially on D -- and not have a major effect.

The D looks like it's gelling. Given how little help they've gotten from our offense, I think the D is actually looking like they could dominate these next games, particularly at the Vault.

If we beat Pitt Thursday (probably every post this week should begin with those words) then the mini bye will let us get some of our offensive players healthier. Rice, Yanda, Pitta, Jacoby have all been hampered to varying degrees this year.

I'm not counting on it, but it wouldn't shock me to see this team go on a run. The talent is there.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Great post, Loba. I hope you're dead wrong on the Bengals but great post.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    ...considering Pittsburgh's soft remaining schedule.[/B] After Thursday, the Steelers play three of their final four games at home and face one team with a winning record (the Cincinnati Bengals). Basically, the Ravens need to beat the Steelers because Pittsburgh may not lose again.
    Allow me to point out one silver lining here - Steelers have Green Bay on their schedule. Although the Pack is struggling a bit right now, keep in mind Aaron Rodgers should be back soon AND they'll be playing at Lambeau AND the Packers could still be in the playoff mix themselves with plenty of incentive to win.

But yes, Ravens must absolutely win Thursday night.

This thread certainly makes me more hope although I hadn't lost any previously. Beat the steelers, nothing else matters. If we win on Thur, Sunday is scoreboard watching and that will be alot of fun.
    I hope our guys come out and play loose because sometimes they look so tight.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Great post, Loba. I hope you're dead wrong on the Bengals but great post.
    Wasn't busting on your Kittehs, CC. I don't think you'll argue that their remaining shedjewel ;) looks fairly challenging. Then again they're flush with playmakers even sans Atkins, & they took care of the Tar&Urine when it counted down the stretch last year, so no reason to panic. Yet. :D

Blog Entries

Wasn't busting on your Kittehs, CC. I don't think you'll argue that their remaining shedjewel ;) looks fairly challenging. Then again they're flush with playmakers even sans Atkins, & they took care of the Tar&Urine when it counted down the stretch last year, so no reason to panic. Yet. :D
    I cannot root for the Steelers.
    I do not like them in a box.
    I do not like them with a fox
    I do not like them in a house
    I do not like them with a mouse
    I do not like them here or there.
    I do not like them anywhere.

I guess I'm a Ravens fan Thursday.

Attachment 1908

Attachment 1908
    Good kitty! Tuna for you!
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

Attachment 1908
    And I will return the favor in Week 15.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    Tuna? Tuna???!?! Sockeye frackin' free-range salmon for our cumpà , Il Pooti di tutti Pootii!...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    Say What?

And I will return the favor in Week 15.

Tuna? Tuna???!?! Sockeye frackin' free-range salmon for our cumpà , Il Pooti di tutti Pootii!...
    That's what I'm talkin' bout!!!

Love the possibilities, don't like our odds. In order to win the division our D is going to have lead the way. If they can keep the opponents under 17 per game, then I like our chances a whole lot better. I'm sticking to my 7-9 prediction until after the stiller game.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis