Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Cool Re: Manning tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He is a different person in the cold and wind. And there is no doubt that this year, it's going to go through a cold weather city be it Denver, KC, Foxboro, Cinci or wherever... and the superbowl is outside in NJ.

Manning will not win the SB this year
    I agree with you 100%. However, I'll make an additional comment. After this year, Payton Manning will never even come close to having a chance at the SB ever again.

Not only will he be a year older and already is limited in being able to throw anything consistently beyond 15-20 yards but he will have an even greater handicap: GREED!

When he was a Colt, the fans used to call him, "Pay-a-Ton!" He had a salary that was Cap crippling for a team. When Denver signed him to, I believe, a three year contract, his salary was big enough that it would be cost prohibitive by the third year. Next year Denver is going to have to make major cuts to their roster to cover his salary and after that move, they are going to have a major re-build when his third year is done.

He was never more than a two year gamble for the Broncos and now they are about to pay the piper for it big time!

I'm loving it!

Blog Entries

Re: Manning tonight

In hindsight we will be talking about that game for a lot of years. Another classic.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎