Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Who Are the Best Deep Passers in the League? (The Flacco Enigma)

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    4. You need time in the pocket to throw an accurate deep ball. The O line hasn't been giving him the time.
    That, and in several games the wind conditions have been nightmarish.

Blog Entries

Didn't realize how inaccurate Joe has been with throws over 20 yards until I just read an article on PFF. Wind or not, today would be the day to right the ship. When their secondary is so bad that Reed is an immediate starter, that should say something.

Marlon is active along with Torrey and Jacoby - make it happen!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Another day with insane wind conditions, don't expect a lot of deep balls that go right.

Mother nature has not been the Ravens friend this year at all.

Just because you can throw a ball hard and far doesn't mean you throw a great deep ball. I can't remember the last time Joe hit a long ball with the receiver in stride. Joes had ample tries at the long ball with plenty of time to throw. He is no better than any other QB in the league throwing it deep. With that said, Our receivers are soft and not aggressive going for jump balls unlike Boldin last year. Without Boldin going and getting the ball I highly doubt we beat DEN. in the playoffs. Joe can't put the ball on the money with deep throws.

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Arm strength isn't the only thing that matters when throwing deep. There are other aspects of arm talent that people don't acknowledge. Flacco might have top 5 velocity but the rest of his arm talent isn't that impressive.
    Can anyone recall Flacco actually completing a long pass, hitting the receiver in stride. To me, his passes have so much arch on them, the receiver has to stop or jump for the ball. Can't recall him hitting the receiver accurately without the receiver stopping or changing course.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    two 1,000 yard receivers this year. that 1970's offense is still tough to stop
    College. Football.

When was the last Cam offense in the NFL that produced multiple 1,000 yard receivers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    College. Football.

When was the last Cam offense in the NFL that produced multiple 1,000 yard receivers?

It's ten times better than the ugliness we're getting from Caldwell

college or pro. Crossing routes, slants, wheel routes and running the ball with the fullback to keep the play action working. It's proven.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    4. You need time in the pocket to throw an accurate deep ball. The O line hasn't been giving him the time.
    This.

Not only that, but the only player that can actually (consistently) get the deep ball is Torrey. He isn't running a lot of those routes this year either. He is running a lot of underneath stuff out of necessity.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    It's ten times better than the ugliness we're getting from Caldwell

college or pro. Crossing routes, slants, wheel routes and running the ball with the fullback to keep the play action working. It's proven.
    The only thing that is proven is when your OL can't pass block or run block, nothing works.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The only thing that is proven is when your OL can't pass block or run block, nothing works.

I don't know what happened to you Wicked, you used to be an objective poster but you've become very defensive. Hope things are OK

Some of you make it sound like every single time Joe drops back to pass like a couple hundred times that he as no time to pass. Come on now, Just throwing out "he has no time" to pass is BS. Joe is Joe just remove the 4 games from the playoffs last year. He got hot and had some luck but what you see is Joe the other 80 or so games hes played. Its not hard to see.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mrfactoid View Post
    Some of you make it sound like every single time Joe drops back to pass like a couple hundred times that he as no time to pass. Come on now, Just throwing out "he has no time" to pass is BS. Joe is Joe just remove the 4 games from the playoffs last year. He got hot and had some luck but what you see is Joe the other 80 or so games hes played. Its not hard to see.
    :word