Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

A Ravens versus Jets prediction thread (Wow!)

Important opportunity on several fronts:

- Stay in da hunt.
    - Establish head-to-head tiebreaker advantage.
    - Gather momentum during a critical, last chance, three-game homestand.
    - Continue and build on the improvements/progress made in the last two games -- minus the mistakes.
    - Continue the matchup dominance in this series.
    - Make a statement.

NYJ 19
    BAL 23

Prediction results from averaging points scored versus allowed between both teams.
    Last edited by Corvus Corax; 11-22-2013 at 11:46 PM. Reason: final score modification with explanation

Re: A Ravens versus Jets prediction thread (Wow!)

Obviously this is another "must win" game. In fact they all are IMO in order to keep any chance to make the playoffs alive. Our defense should bring pressure early and often to Geno Smith and force the mistakes that he has made already. The Jets defensive front is formidable and we need to call offensive plays that develop quickly. That might mean sending Torrey over the short/intermediate middle and rely on YAC (I dislike these plays as I mentioned in another thread but probably necessary in this case). Bounce Ray Rice to the outside on the running plays. Play decent on teams and for the Love of Christ protect the football.

This one is a toss-up for me, but I think the Blackbirds pull it out and win 23-20.

Any optimism I had left was washed away last week. Ravens, right now, just aren't good enough. It'll be more of the same we've seen all season. Offense starts slow. Defense keeps the Jets to minimum scores but won't force any/enough turnovers. Stupid penalties at ill advised times. Offense begins to come to life. Defense won't hold in the fourth.

Jets 24
    Ravens 17

Hope they prove me wrong.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

I don't think the Ravens could beat the Jets, or almost any team, on the road. At home though they should win. They proved against the Bengals that even with pretty much no offense they could still find a way to win at home. The Jets are very much like the Ravens in that they have only won 1 road game this entire season and that was against the putrid Falcons. In most of their road games they don't just lose but lose by double digits. I can't say that will happen but the Ravens will continue the trend and lead through most of the game and then win.

Ravens 20
    Jets 13

13-12, good guys.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

When's the last time a rookie / young turnover prone QB came in to Baltimore with an opponent and walked out with a victory?

Ravens - 29
    Jets - 16

I don't see the Jets moving the ball much on offense at all. Just don't see any mismatches between Jets offense / Ravens defense that concern me. They're not particularly fast or big. My guess is they maybe get a few FGs and a TD on short field / thanks to turnovers. Ravens get more FGs and a couple TDs thanks to MORE turnovers. They held pretty potent offenses in GB and CIN to 36 total, with 10 of those points coming on a Hail Mary and a short-field FG after a fumble.

I'm guessing the only way the Ravens lose this game is if they lose the turnover battle, and I'm talking a -2 or -3. Though they are certainly CAPABLE of losing a turnover battle like that. :)
    Last edited by Ravens2006; 11-22-2013 at 09:26 AM.

Two offensive juggernauts. Lol

Ravens 13-10
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Its going to be cold as hell out there FWIW. But given what those guys played in last week a little chill shouldnt bother them to much. Still it wouldn't hurt if the ground game continues to show signs of life as its definitely the type weather for it. I fully expect the D to get after and rattle Geno to the tune of at least 2 TOs. When its all said and done I think we pull out another squeaker (arent they all LMAO?) like 19-17.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

I have no idea what the final score numbers will be, but...

IFF the Ravens decide to play an entire, 4 quarter, 60-minute, football game, IMO they win by at least 2 TDs.

IFF they only play the first half, or just the second half, they have a chance to eke out a W, but IMO the odds favor a loss.

John, remind the guys that their salaries and bonuses are based on an entire game, not just 2 quarters...

Blog Entries

The only saving grace is that the Ravens will be at home. I have no confidence they could beat any team on the road.

Good first half out of our offense, then they go into their shell and probably have at least one turnover.

Ravens 17
    Jets 13
    Last edited by Ravenswintitle; 11-22-2013 at 10:06 AM.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

All comes down to the O line .... again .... :DeadHorse:

If the line run blocks like last week and Rice can get at least 85 yards and a score? 17-10 Ravens

If they go back into their confused, drunken like haze? 17-10 Jets

Either outcome, a low scoring affair given the two stout defenses.

If this was a road game Dade's post would have been on point. I'm not too worried about the defense. They should be able to hold the jets to a reasonable # of points. Our offense needs to step up. Two touchdowns and a field goal won't cut it. We need to get to 3 offensive touchdowns and keep the Jets D honest with our run game or lack of. Don't abandoned it entirely. Would love to see a few screens and a few deep balls this game.