Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: A Ravens versus Jets prediction thread (Wow!)

I honestly don't see the Jets scoring TD's against us.

Ravens 17
    Jets 9

The Ravens have played much better at M&T than on the road, and I just can't see Geno Smith beating them. It won't be pretty and it will probably be difficult to put points on the board, but I think they pull this one out.

Jets 9
    Ravens 16

Ravens 24
    Jets 17

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Must ...avoid ...turnovers...

If Joe & crew can keep from turning it over (or at least commit fewer turnovers than NY) I think the Ravens find a way to come out on top at home.
    Ravens are 23rd in the NFL in giveaway/takeaway net at -5. The Jests? Dead last at -14...tied (with Arizona) for 4-5 worst in giveaways at 21 (16 picks, 5 fumbles lost) and tied (with the Bolts) for dead last in takeaways with 7 (5 picks, 2 fumbles recovered).

A few other facts:
    • 16 of the Jets' 21 turnovers were committed in their 5 losses, never less than 2 per loss;
    • They are a net -15 in those losses, an average of -3 per game;
    • 6 of the Jets' 7 takeaways came in their 5 wins;
    • They are a net +1 in those 5 victories;
    • The Jets are 1-5 when turning the ball over more than the opponent;
    • They are 4-0 when turnovers are even or in their favor.

Looking at very coarse game stats (here) nothing else jumps out as a predictor of the Rexes' performance like turnovers.

Conversely, the Ravens are 2-3 when turnovers are even or in their favor and also 2-3 when they lose the turnover battle; they are net -3 in their losses and net -2 in their wins. None of the coarse game stats (here) seem to correlate with win/lose. (Been that kind of a year, ain't it?)

So, yeah--if the Ravens don't manage to come out on the plus side of the turnovers, it bids fair to be a lonnnnng afternoon.

Blog Entries

I think we win, if for no other reason than we're at home against a rookie Qb. 20-9, good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    I honestly don't see the Jets scoring TD's against us.

Ravens 17
    Jets 9
    I like your perception. Earlier in the season, the defense kept our opponents out of the endzone for at least 10 straight quarters. Ever since they left Denver, I have had this notion about surrendering 299 points for the season (wishful thinking perhaps). I have never liked it when we gave up 300+ points in a season. Ironically, last season the total was 344 points but, of course, key defensive starters were out until near the end. Yet, that was more than TWICE the total surrendered in 2000.

iggyman555 Guest

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4677

In two career meetings with Rex Ryan defenses, Joe Flacco has completed 30-of-69 throws (43.5 percent) for 411 yards (5.96 YPA), no touchdowns, two interceptions, and two fumbles lost.
    It's a relevant statistic because Flacco is facing Ryan's Jets in Week 12. Although New York coughed up big Week 11 games to E.J. Manuel and Marquise Goodwin, Flacco hasn't played well enough this season to even be trusted in the most favorable matchups. He's on on pace for career worsts in yards-per-attempt average (6.55), passer rating (75.3), and TD-to-INT ratio (21:21).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I think we win, if for no other reason than we're at home against a rookie Qb. 20-9, good guys.
    it really is that simple. If the Ravens don't win this it will certainly be out of character. They win these games

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Jets 17
    Ravens 16

Gino (ours) folds
    Gino (theirs) beats us in the closing seconds

Looking forward to an exciting draft

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Nothing like a little bit of bulletin board material for the OL.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...1-d5573c836b73

Well, as Joe Namath told Weeb before SB3, if they need bulletin board material to win they're in deep shit.

Yup, this o-line is in deep shit Sunday.

:grbac:

This is another game that will be decided by a last minute FG 14-17 Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    I like your perception. Earlier in the season, the defense kept our opponents out of the endzone for at least 10 straight quarters. Ever since they left Denver, I have had this notion about surrendering 299 points for the season (wishful thinking perhaps). I have never liked it when we gave up 300+ points in a season. Ironically, last season the total was 344 points but, of course, key defensive starters were out until near the end. Yet, that was more than TWICE the total surrendered in 2000.
    It helped that in 2000 we gave up zero points 5 times! I don't think a defense will ever pitch 5 shutouts in one season. Not in today's game that lets offenses run wild and protects QB's and WR's from most forms of contact.

I just don't think the Jets have the offensive threats to score TD's in our house. Maybe I'm wrong and our defense will be soft tomorrow. But I don't see one weapon on their roster that says Oh shyte, we need to keep that guy out of the end zone!