Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leon Washington

Leon Washington

Now that Jones will be out 4-6 weeks, how about giving Washington a call? The Patriots released him because they had too many other backs. The latest rumor is that the Jets are showing interest and the Giants had him in for a visit.

Thoughts? I know Thompson would be the most logical choice to replace Jones on KR duty, but his own health is in question.

Re: Leon Washington

Also, he can handle punts. The last two seasons in Seattle he's fielded 82 punts, playing in all 16 games.

Blog Entries

Washington is on the wrong side of 30 and really slowed down. One the other hand this is a guy who knows everything about returning. Brian Mitchell was effective until his mid 30's. It comes down to how much bang will you get from Washington who is going to cost a lot because he's been in the league for a long time. It can't hurt to at least bring him in and work him out.

I totally agree. I'm not expecting him to rip off 3 TD returns like he did a couple of years ago (although he did have one last year), but at this rate, they just need a professional back there. Webb returning punts is simply not an option given how vital he is to the secondary. Plus Washington can also play RB in a pinch.

Totally agree.

Washington looks like a perfect fit here...not expecting explosiveness, but it's better than putting Webb and Pierce out there...or just throwing someone out there who sucks returning kicks like we did all of 2011 with Zibby.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Totally agree.

Washington looks like a perfect fit here...not expecting explosiveness, but it's better than putting Webb and Pierce out there...or just throwing someone out there who sucks returning kicks like we did all of 2011 with Zibby.
    Agreed. Definitely would seem like the ideal guy if Thompson isn't readying (and probably even if he is).
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

I'm with bringing him in if that eliminates a skill position having to be a returner. Sadly, this is where Rainey would have done wonders.

iggyman555 Guest

lets do it

Maybe go to sqeelers PS and steal GUNN. He can return and is fast.

What about someone like Stepan Logan? I know he returned in Det. Last year. He could do returns, maybe A. Allen back to do returns ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    Sadly, this is where Rainey would have done wonders.
    :word The idea that Rainey was cut in favor of Trawick still blows my mind.