Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Be prepared for one of the most ugly games in Ravens history

The Jets defense is for real, the Ravens play awesome defense at home, the Ravens offense is attrocious, and Geno Smith is a rookie with no real threatening weapons against two very good corners.

The key to this game will be the run game. Who can establish a run game? The Ravens aren't going to run the ball as well as they did last week against an attrocious Chicago run d, but Rice and the Oline has to play well to take the pressure off Joe.

This will be as ugly as the previous two meetings with the Jets, and no matter how bad it is, I will take a win in any shape or fashion. Our season is essentially over if we drop this one.

Be prepared for one of the most ugly games in Ravens history

Good morning, hyperbole.

I guess you've never seen the Detroit game in 2005?

Re: Be prepared for one of the most ugly games in Ravens history

Another gusty windy day.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Good morning, hyperbole.

I guess you've never seen the Detroit game in 2005?
    Is it really hyperbole? He said "one of."

Especially considering the last two games against the Jets were both very ugly, it seems more like a projection based on recent history.

The only ugly thing about this game however, will be Pees refusing to blitz Geno Smith.

Well, and of course all the cute little inept ways the offense operates this year ever since Harbaugh decided to "improve" the dominate offense from the playoffs.

Blog Entries

Ugly because you have two very strong defenses, matching up against two struggling offenses. I wouldn't be surprised by another 10-9 type score like the first time we beat Rex.

After we lost last week, I felt like we might come out and CURB STOMP the Jets (players pissed off about losing such a close game on the road), but that's a tall order against such a strong defense.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Ugly because you have two very strong defenses, matching up against two struggling offenses. I wouldn't be surprised by another 10-9 type score like the first time we beat Rex.

After we lost last week, I felt like we might come out and CURB STOMP the Jets (players pissed off about losing such a close game on the road), but that's a tall order against such a strong defense.
    My hope is that Torrey Smith will have a big game. They'll probably have him in single coverage a few times, hopefully Joe can connect with him deep a few times this game. I think Torrey is due for a big game.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The Jets defense is for real, the Ravens play awesome defense at home, the Ravens offense is attrocious, and Geno Smith is a rookie with no real threatening weapons against two very good corners.

The key to this game will be the run game. Who can establish a run game? The Ravens aren't going to run the ball as well as they did last week against an attrocious Chicago run d, but Rice and the Oline has to play well to take the pressure off Joe.

This will be as ugly as the previous two meetings with the Jets, and no matter how bad it is, I will take a win in any shape or fashion. Our season is essentially over if we drop this one.
    Nothing will ever compare to the entire month of ugly 13 years ago.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Nothing will ever compare to the entire month of ugly 13 years ago.
    Truth

Blog Entries

What's that echo I hear?

"One of"........................... "One of"...................... "One of"....................

Isn't today going to be windy? Is Gino Gradkowski is still in the starting lineup?

Sounds like a good day for a mud fight.

I'm a Ravens fan. I do ugly. It's in my genes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    My hope is that Torrey Smith will have a big game. They'll probably have him in single coverage a few times, hopefully Joe can connect with him deep a few times this game. I think Torrey is due for a big game.
    it s certainly possible, their biggest weakness, if you can call it that, is the deep threat. I sure hope our offensive geniuses at least throw the long ball a few times to keep the D honest. Ed Reed is not the same guy that was the playmaker here, test him.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!