Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Why do they Keep taking out Brown on Third Down?!!!

Every time third down came up, they took Brown out for Doss, who didn't do anything and couldn't get any separation. Brown is the one getting separation and making plays. He played a little unnerved early in the game, wanting to be a part of the action obviously. Honestly, they don't make him enough of a part of the offense. Did anyone even see him out there for one third down? Third down showed up, it was Smith and Jones on the outside with Doss in the slot. And guess what, it sucked.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: Why the Fuck do they Keep taking out Brown on Third Down?!!!

That's a great observation. There is this theory that Doss can make catches in traffic like Boldin did but it doesn't happen often enough. I'd much rather see Marlon Brown's long arms out there.

Blog Entries

Doss was supposed to be able to get a little more separation than Boldin, but it's not happening. Brown is the redzone threat, and the guy who can play inside and out. His blocking is good, although he had the one penalty today. It was very frustrating. They even had Dickson split out wide on third down more than Brown.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

iggyman555 Guest

harbaugh doesnt like to play rookies llol

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

I'll add (and strictly an "IMHO" view) that Brown is one of the Ravens who I see as playing with heart, or passion, or intensity, (or [insert your term here]) this season when he gets a chance.

[N.B. That being said, I can't fault the D today re: their intensity!]

Blog Entries

Harbaugh and company out thinking themselves they tend not to put the best personel on the field to succeed..

Re: Why do they Keep taking out Brown on Third Down?!!!

Because Doss is faster

Sarc-
    You may have a point, but Roger Carr was fast, too, and I always felt the BALTIMORE Colts needed a legit receiver for Jones to throw to.

Blog Entries

I repeat!!

A big question I have too. He got a high snap count but why out on 3rd downs?
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    Sarc-
    You may have a point, but Roger Carr was fast, too, and I always felt the BALTIMORE Colts needed a legit receiver for Jones to throw to.
    You didn't like Glen Doughty? Freddie Scott had great potential but was traded to the Lions and became decent.

Tol-
    Loved Doughty! Problem as I saw it was more that, after Carr and Doughty (and then Scott to a degree) the BALTIMORE Colts never really had any WRs that even looked like they would threaten. I had to go check the stats, but the year after Carr led the team in catches, it appears they got a case of Rice-itis, and Lydell Mitchell became their leading receiver. Believe me, I was and still am a huge fan of the BALTIMORE Colts, but when Irsay took over, I felt like my heart was ripped out and there was a feeling I can only describe as a loss of youthful "innocence" that my home team was not really a sports team, but a business franchise, and the POS owner could give two shits about the customer.