Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

So playoffs a long shot. Maybe time to think about draft pick?

Not saying tank the rest of the season but maybe try for a better draft position to actually get a playmaker. Just a thought. Your ideas?

iggyman555 Guest

Re: So playoffs a long shot. Maybe time to think about draft pick?

are any good OC or DC available in the draft?

I would tank the season. It's that bad. I don't think I've seen a less entertaining team to watch than our team this year.

I would be playing for the best draft position we can get. The worst thing that could happen is we get hot, just miss the playoffs and get stuck with an awful draft spot

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what to draft, we have so many holes. Maybe TE if we don't bring back Pitta. Maybe we need a true #2 receiver instead of a bunch of #3. Maybe another OL. Maybe another DE. I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    I would tank the season. It's that bad. I don't think I've seen a less entertaining team to watch than our team this year.
    You haven't seen the Jaguars then. Be thankful we're not them.

They could pretty much throw a dart board at any offensive position and pick a guy. They need help everywhere.

The team isn't going to think about draft picks...but it's nice for the fans.

It's hard for me.

Overall, if we aren't going to make the playoffs, I want a pick as high as possible...which means losses.

But I can't stand watching my team lose on the field. It's painful.

I think we are a good bet to finish in with our pick in the 10-15 range.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Start playing some younger guys more. Ngata is worthless, Rice is slower than McKinnie at his heaviest, bring up Furst, put Caldwell and Pees on notice, get rid of Castillo

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

I have a tremendous amount of respect for Ozzie but it has been a few years since he drafted a real playmaker on offense or defense. Like Pittsburgh the subpar drafts are beginning to catch up with us. He's probably due to hit one out of the park but it is no sure thing.

We have so many holes, Oz might well trade the #1 for a 2 and a 3, giving us 4 almost-good-enough players. Sorry; I'm very frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbionHero View Post
    I'm not sure what to draft, we have so many holes. Maybe TE if we don't bring back Pitta. Maybe we need a true #2 receiver instead of a bunch of #3. Maybe another OL. Maybe another DE. I dunno.

You haven't seen the Jaguars then. Be thankful we're not them.
    At least the jaguars try. They gave it their best against the broncos. Ravens are lethargic and pretty downright awful to watch

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Yeah not saying tank it but a little less "urgency" if you will. If you can bust someone else's playoff hopes than ok. But it would be nice for a nice early teen pick over in the 20s would be nice.

Thoughts of the playoffs are delusions of grandeur! Thoughts of a .500 season are enough to get you committed.